Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: I gotta get some sleep, some time this week, man

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I thought you couldn't watch the first couple of days at all f_o_s
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    I thought you couldn't watch the first couple of days at all f_o_s
    I had internet so I listened to Aggers and also managed to see a bit of the action, although it was quite sporadic getting that to work. I just don't have TV, which is really annoying.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Managed to catch the morning and tea sessions. Fell asleep for a solid three hours in between. Handily I have every morning-after off for the rest of this test so can freely screw around with my sleeping habits completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Trying to decide on tomorow's breakfast, have been told Subway do a good breakfast Sub.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I'm feeling little thick headed, but aiming for same routine tonight. Kip 7.30-11.30, watch til 3.30 or so, exercise, shower, hour or so's play then hour and a half's more kip from 6-7.30.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I've had approx 3hrs sleep at best in the last 37 and am reduced to speaking small words very slowly amidst very poor sentences. I am like a walking copy of the Daily Mirror with fewer tits.

Plan for the next three hours is finish boarding duty ASAP before three hours' shut-eye ahead of the morning session. I can then get 40 mins at lunch and 20 mins at tea before getting stuck in from 5am onward with a shower 7.30ish. Only teaching 9.30-10.40 tomorrow, followed by sitting through a musical performance about some ecofriendly nonsense that is guaranteed to send me out like a light. Must ensure I sit next to a child who understands the Ashes and will nudge me firmly in the ribs BEFORE I start to snore.

On the plus side, I'm getting shedloads of marking done.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Will try to stay up as long as possible tonight, but already a bit knackered from exam **** so reckon ill only make it till Lunch
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

uuuuggggghhh want sleep

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Trying to decide on tomorow's breakfast, have been told Subway do a good breakfast Sub.
    Can't say I was particularly impressed by the Breakfast Sub. It's McDonalds breakfast all the way for me.

How England perform in the first hour will dictate how long I stay up tonight. If they have a good first hour I'll stick it out as long as I can and more than likely skip my lecture in the morning; if they fail to take a wicket or are bowling pies I'm off to bed.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Don't remember ever seeing threads like this when Australia tour England - obviously the aussie posters on this forum are a bunch of work shy bums who don't have to worry about getting up in the morning
    Last edited by chalky; 25-11-2010 at 06:45 PM.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    I've had approx 3hrs sleep at best in the last 37 and am reduced to speaking small words very slowly amidst very poor sentences. I am like a walking copy of the Daily Mirror with fewer tits.

Plan for the next three hours is finish boarding duty ASAP before three hours' shut-eye ahead of the morning session. I can then get 40 mins at lunch and 20 mins at tea before getting stuck in from 5am onward with a shower 7.30ish. Only teaching 9.30-10.40 tomorrow, followed by sitting through a musical performance about some ecofriendly nonsense that is guaranteed to send me out like a light. Must ensure I sit next to a child who understands the Ashes and will nudge me firmly in the ribs BEFORE I start to snore.

On the plus side, I'm getting shedloads of marking done.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    My eyes are so heavy now.Might just pour the coffee straight in them,might be able to see more then.

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    Can't say I was particularly impressed by the Breakfast Sub. It's McDonalds breakfast all the way for me.
    Rain meant it was McDonalds again for me today as Subway was not open, got to vary it up tomorow though.

Work tomorow, if anyone buys tickets for the midnight Harry Potter that finishes at 2.50 I am going to throw Nacho cheese in their face.

Going to miss Jimi taking the last 5 wickets in the first hour no matter what though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Rain meant it was McDonalds again for me today as Subway was not open...
    I didn't have a car windscreen I could slam my face through, so I smashed it through a second-storey window instead.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

I had a huge bowl of porridge. Might try McDonalds' Festive Burger at lunchtime. Having a few beers tonight so there will be no funny sleep patterns, just a case of surviving as long as I can tonight.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information