• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion around the Tour Matches.

Fri Nov 5 - Sun Nov 7
Western Australia v England XI
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

Thu Nov 11 - Sat Nov 13
South Australia v England XI
Adelaide Oval

Wed Nov 17 - Sat Nov 20
Australia A v England XI
Bellerive Oval, Hobart

Mon Jan 10
Prime Minister's XI v England XI
Manuka Oval, Canberra

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see the Australia A game is on tv over here.Looking forward to that,might get a few new voices to sample too as i expect the majority of commentators will be Aussie for that one.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
These are going to be some massive games for KP IMO. He has been in terrible form and it he could potential be a massive burden on the side come the first test. I understand on form he is the biggest match winner England have but if he isn't going to even get to 50, him having potential is not good enough.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pleased we have three proper FC fixtures beforehand this time. None of those rubbishy hit and giggle XIII a-side affairs.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully WA and SA put out good sides. Looks ideal preparation. Probably play around with a few combos against the state sides and put the 1st test side out against Aus A.

howardj

International Coach
Yep, the bowlers won't want to overdo it in the tour games though, as the Ashes series is very condensed (five Tests in six weeks or 43 days). It will be very hard on the body.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Australia A side should be interesting, anyone care to speculate as to who should/may be lining up in that fixture?

Would be suprised not to see Hughes, Khawaja, Smith, Siddle and maybe Paine in the lineup.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Right now, if I had to make a team:

Cowan
Hughes
Khawaja
White
Ferguson
Smith
Paine+
O'Keefe
McKay
Starc
George

Would expect that Siddle would be named in the Ashes squad at that stage, and they wouldn't release him for this game. They may not give Harris a game either, as they understand what he would provide to the team if selected, and give it to someone else to push their long-term claims.

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
They've got the Australia A vs England game which starts on November 16. Thats it so far, although sometimes they only get the rights very close to the start of play.

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
WARRIORS:
Marcus North (Captain), Michael Beer, Liam Davis, Ryan Duffield, Michael Hogan, Steve Magoffin, Mitchell Marsh, Luke Pomersbach, Wes Robinson, Luke Ronchi, Michael Swart, Adam Voges.

squad for tomorrows match, so any hope of Hussey justifying his spot is gone, hope North tons up.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Right now, if I had to make a team:

Cowan
Hughes
Khawaja
White
Ferguson
Smith
Paine+
O'Keefe
McKay
Starc
George

Would expect that Siddle would be named in the Ashes squad at that stage, and they wouldn't release him for this game. They may not give Harris a game either, as they understand what he would provide to the team if selected, and give it to someone else to push their long-term claims.
I think you'll end up getting nearly the entire team correct. If Shaun Marsh is fit he might get a game in front of Cowan despite Cowan obviously having a great season last year.

I wouldn't consider Starc, it might be a little early but I would love to see Ben Cutting get a game if he returns well. If Cutting isn't selected Trent Copeland, John Hastings or a bolter like Michael Hogan could be worth a shot.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
WARRIORS:
Marcus North (Captain), Michael Beer, Liam Davis, Ryan Duffield, Michael Hogan, Steve Magoffin, Mitchell Marsh, Luke Pomersbach, Wes Robinson, Luke Ronchi, Michael Swart, Adam Voges.

squad for tomorrows match, so any hope of Hussey justifying his spot is gone, hope North tons up.
With Magoffin returning from injury and Duffield and Beer very inexperienced England batsman are not likely to be too tested. The bowlers should get a pretty decent hit out though as WA have quite a talented batting lineup, albeit inconsistent..

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I think you'll end up getting nearly the entire team correct. If Shaun Marsh is fit he might get a game in front of Cowan despite Cowan obviously having a great season last year.

I wouldn't consider Starc, it might be a little early but I would love to see Ben Cutting get a game if he returns well. If Cutting isn't selected Trent Copeland, John Hastings or a bolter like Michael Hogan could be worth a shot.
Agree with this. I would probably have Cowan in my line-up though ahead of Marsh but it wouldn't worry me if Marsh was picked instead. Starc deafinitely shouldn't be in that A team, though personally I would love to see a fully fit and fired up Mark Cameron in the game against England as he could do some serious damage.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Agree with this. I would probably have Cowan in my line-up though ahead of Marsh but it wouldn't worry me if Marsh was picked instead. Starc deafinitely shouldn't be in that A team, though personally I would love to see a fully fit and fired up Mark Cameron in the game against England as he could do some serious damage.
Cameron plays about two games a season on average. I don't want to waste one of them in a tour game. :p

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think everyone is waiting to see who is in the Aussie A team.

For example if Ferguson isn't in the side we can probably say he will be in the side for the 1st test and would Australia be tempted to play Harris or Bollinger in this game to give them match practice ahead of a possible call up for the test side?

Spark

Global Moderator
This match being streamed anywhere, i.e. on CATV? Should be an interesting match to watch.