• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

Jacknife

International Captain
Good start from Tremlett and Shahzad, keeping it very tight , just what you want from your openers.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have to admit - I've been pretty critical of Shahzad's promotion to England's Test setup, but he does look proper good whenever I watch him bowl. I don't think he's as good as Tremlett yet but I'd rank him ahead of Finn and definitely ahead of Bresnan based on what I've actually seen.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Hughes only averaged like 15 in his 3-4 county matches this year aswell. He was just back from injury then though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Bit of vintage Hughes there, just jumping on anything wide. He's got his deficiencies, but jeez he still nails anything in his zone.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Good call by the umpire; way batsman falls over to the off just made him look so "out" but definitely pitched outside leg.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dont think I'd be bowling short to Cowan either - looks very assured on the hook and pull
Yeah, that was the point I was making. He's always been a strong back foot player - it's basically the only reason he opens the batting - he struggles against swing and seam a bit (or at least did when he was in NSW) but loves pace on the ball, especially when it's short. I've always thought he was more of a three or four but he's always opened.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, that was the point I was making. He's always been a strong back foot player - it's basically the only reason he opens the batting - he struggles against swing and seam a bit (or at least did when he was in NSW) but loves pace on the ball, especially when it's short. I've always thought he was more of a three or four but he's always opened.
Tubby saying the exact opposite AWS. ITSTL.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I can see what Tubby means in a way, at times he pulls with his weight neutral rather than right on the back foot. Still manages to pull pretty well most of the time, but can make it a little more vulnerable and not as much control over it.