Page 63 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Tour Matches

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Monty's catch for those who haven't seen it. His face afterwards .
    Haha, he even managed to make it look awkward and uncoordinated.

Can anyone explain to me why Shazad's FC record is relatively average?

Granted, I've only seen him bowl twice, but I really like the look of him. So why is his domestic record nothing to shout about?

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post

Granted, I've only seen him bowl twice, but I really like the look of him. So why is his domestic record nothing to shout about?
    He's gradually improving and getting better every season, like any young player he lacked the consistency earlier in his career, but his figures will no doubt improve as he grows in experience. He is now picking up more wickets, but still has only one 5-wicket haul to his name in first-class cricket, 41 wickets in 2009 and 38 in 2010 represents steady if unspectacular results, but if he bowls like he did today I'm pretty sure 50 wickets is a realistic target in 2011.

Doesn't really answer your question, but it's all I got!
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post

Largely due to a dodgy first few seasons in the first division as a teenager, and hasn't had much of a chance to improve it since England started touring with him.
    And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    I saw him last year at Old Trafford(2009) and he didn't move the ball of straight, I remember he was rated at Yorkshire at the time but I, nor my france supporting mate, could figure out what the fuss was about. He looks to have a bit more about him now but I still wonder about his effectiveness on a flattish pitch.
    Last edited by superkingdave; 17-11-2010 at 08:12 AM.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    I saw him last year at Old Trafford(2009) and he didn't move the ball of straight, I remember he was rated at Yorkshire at the time but I, nor my france supporting mate, could figure out what the fuss was about. He looks to have a bit more about him now but I still wonder about his effectiveness on a flattish pitch.
    A fair call, he does seem to need something from conditions, but when he gets it right he can be something. I've seen him move the old ball around corners at Headingley.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    Should you own up to these sort of things?

By the way is Monty batting 3 as NWM or is he batting 3 because if he were Australian that's where he'd bat based on current form?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Monty's at three because while the top bowlers are away in Brisbane, Monty has staged a silent regime change and has taken over. Mad with power, he convinces himself that he is going to score an amazing double hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    The England pace attack really did deserve some praise after the morning session, especially Shahzad. Fell away after that though.
    Just watched the highlights of day 1 and, in the morning session, the wicket really was a peach to bowl on

Credit to the English bowlers for putting it in the right spot but .....

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Sorry to post a question here that's largely unrelated, but I need an answer to this and can't post a thread in Cricket Chat for some reason...

Does anyone know who the Australian selectors were 1984-89? Have googled, but to no avail. Need the info for a piece I'm writing for an application.

Thanks in advance! (And sorry again for posting this here)
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Sorry to post a question here that's largely unrelated, but I need an answer to this and can't post a thread in Cricket Chat for some reason...

Does anyone know who the Australian selectors were 1984-89? Have googled, but to no avail. Need the info for a piece I'm writing for an application.

Thanks in advance! (And sorry again for posting this here)
    Greg Chappell, John Benaud, Lawrie Sawle??? Man that is some hard info to find and verify, ive been trying too!

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Considering the aussie people (I use that term lightly) keep banging on about the strength in depth of their bowling, its nice to show them we ain't no apes with the ball either.

Well done Shahzad, in particular, looked propa good.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Just watched the highlights of day 1 and, in the morning session, the wicket really was a peach to bowl on

Credit to the English bowlers for putting it in the right spot but .....
    Yes England bowled very well in that morning session, assisted by the green nature of the pitch. During the afternoon session it was probably a mix of the ball softening so not as much movement around, and England's attack not hitting the areas they did in that opening session. It can be also be down to the fact they may well have little match fitness at the moment and will be much better for this run out.

But they came out after tea and pretty much got the job done. Shahzad was really good, bowled with fire and an excellent length, found great areas especially to the left handers.

Thought Monty did his job effectively, if unthreateningly, with little or no spin at all. He was no doubt required to do a containing job on the first day, and did just that so they could attack at the other end. Thought Australia would have been more proactive against him, but I suppose they were wary of the situation of the game.

Mark Nicholas and Ian Healy. The world's worst commentary team?

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah. Strauss normally leaves the full and outside off ball pretty well against the right-handers though, so he won't be happy at all with that dismissal. Was a throwback to his '07 days when he got out cover-driving constantly.
    If you've only seen the highlights, Cameron had been swinging the ball back in at that length, making Strauss play at a number of them which he punched to the left hand of mid-off. That one didn't swing, which is probably why he still played at it.

Thread Information