Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Tour Matches

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Cook's gone early in the reply. Got cramped with a short ball, and it somehow rolled back onto his stumps by the look of it. Not ideal start to the tour for Cooky boy. And a nightwatchman's come in, Jimmy A.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Cook out early? Who would have thought?
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    And Bollinger hasn't been hyped up by the Aussies despite only doing well against Pakistan,WI and NZ?

He is the one who will be found out.
    There'll be more than one disappointment I'd say. More than likely not all from the one side.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    And Bollinger hasn't been hyped up by the Aussies despite only doing well against Pakistan,WI and NZ?

He is the one who will be found out.
    Lol, couldn't disagree with this post more.

The first of what should be many failures for Cook.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by treamcast34 View Post
    WA declared 8/242, and Swann took his first wicket late. Pretty poor figures all round though, Broad aside.
    I dunno - would say those figures are not terrible - all got a wicket and nobody went around the park.

Beer to get KP IMO.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    The first of what should be many failures for Cook.
    Not sure I'm with you on that one. I think he'll have a pretty decent tour, his strengths on the pull and cut and generally off the back foot should see that he's alright, once he gets in tune with the pitches. Backing him to go well this series.

Quote Originally Posted by treamcast34 View Post
    WA declared 8/242, and Swann took his first wicket late. Pretty poor figures all round though, Broad aside.
    Would say they were a pretty solid set of figures, not poor. Everyone was reasonably economical, no-one went round the park, all got a wicket and nearly 20 overs under their belts, seems a good enough workout. Yes Broad looks like he enjoyed the better day.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    I dunno - would say those figures are not terrible - all got a wicket and nobody went around the park.

Beer to get KP IMO.
    No there not bad all round, Anderson went at just over 2 an over, with a wicket,Broad 3 wickets at 2.6.Swanny got a wicket at the end at 3 an over.I hope that Tremlett gets a game next match because I feel he could be a bigger threat than Finn, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    Not sure I'm with you on that one. I think he'll have a pretty decent tour, his strengths on the pull and cut and generally off the back foot should see that he's alright, once he gets in tune with the pitches. Backing him to go well this series.
    Yes, I think if Cook can get a good score in these warm up matches,it will set him up for a good series.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Hope North gets out early in the next innings as well so he can make his 1 in 5 century during the ashes

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Swann will do fine, except for the 2 categories of extremes on this forum. No he probaby isn't going to take 40 wickets at 25 and he is probably going to do well if you judge him purely on his influence on the match rather than his statistical summary at the end of the tour. If he takes 20-30 wickets at an average in the low-mid 30s he would in all likelyhood have done a fairly good job given the pitches that we should expect to see in Australia.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    swann will do fine, except for the 2 categories of extremes on this forum. No he probaby isn't going to take 40 wickets at 25 and he is probably going to do well if you judge him purely on his influence on the match rather than his statistical summary at the end of the tour. If he takes 20-30 wickets at an average in the low-mid 30s he would in all likelyhood have done a fairly good job given the pitches that we should expect to see in australia.
    awta.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    Swann will do fine, except for the 2 categories of extremes on this forum. No he probaby isn't going to take 40 wickets at 25 and he is probably going to do well if you judge him purely on his influence on the match rather than his statistical summary at the end of the tour. If he takes 20-30 wickets at an average in the low-mid 30s he would in all likelyhood have done a fairly good job given the pitches that we should expect to see in Australia.
    This.

I am expecting around 20 wickets from him,no more than that.Be nice if he does though,but in those wickets i am also expecting a couple of spells that turn matches/the series in England's favour just as he did in 09 in England.

Having said that Johnson is just as likely to do it for Australia amongst his pies that will also come down at various times during the 5 tests.Just think England will edge it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    I don't know about that. From everything I've heard his issue is dodgy technique leading to edges and the bounce here should only exacerbate that.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information