• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

pup11

International Coach
You think I'm rating Johnson over someone based on consistency? :p
Johnson might bowl trash but he has got 170 odd test wkts in 35 odd test, many 'consistent' bowlers in the world can only dream of such returns.
Top_Cat said:
Not talking about what Asif/Gul can do,talking about what actually happened. It wasn't just the bowleds,he gets pinged LBW heaps too.
Named Asif and Gul as they have been the only blokes to trouble him with the incoming ball in recent times, otherwise he has handled that ball pretty well.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Johnson might bowl trash but he has got 170 odd test wkts in 35 odd test, many 'consistent' bowlers in the world can only dream of such returns
Erm. Point?
I wasn't saying he was ****. You forget the point of the conversation so often. It's not you can only deal with one post at a time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
for sub cont and English conditions Gul would be your main bowler would be behind a few for typical Aussie conditions.
Lots of bowlers in Australia who'd do well in English conditions; we just don't 'do' horses for courses so they don't get picked. He wouldn't make the team unless he'd make it at home, and he wouldn't.

Jayzamann

International Regular
The traditional Australian get-up has the coat of arms on it. The crest on these caps and helmets in between the kangaroo and emu is the Cricket Australia symbol.
This team in a nutshell, really. "Like the real coat of arms, only not quite there yet".

pup11

International Coach
Erm. Point?
I wasn't saying he was ****. You forget the point of the conversation so often. It's not you can only deal with one post at a time.
Johnson might spray it around all day but still he has wkts to show at the end, but his skill has hardly anything to do with how he gets half of his wickets.
So essentially my point is, IMO you can't rank a bowler like Johnson ahead of Gul on basis of skill, you can only do it on the basis of his consistentcy in terms of picking wickets!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Johnson might spray it around all day but still he has wkts to show at the end, but his skill has hardly anything to do with how he gets half of his wickets.
So essentially my point is, IMO you can't rank a bowler like Johnson ahead of Gul on basis of skill, you can only do it on the basis of his consistentcy in terms of picking wickets!!
:laugh: you've completely forgotten the original point of your argument!

pup11

International Coach
:laugh: you've completely forgotten the original point of your argument!
If you have choice between picking Gul or Johnson you would back Johnson and I won't.
....And if there is any argument against not picking Gul over Johnson, then it could only be due to Johnson's ability to pick wkts consistently with **** balls and not because he is a better bowler than Gul.

pup11

International Coach
English making a genuine effort to whack Smith out of the Ashes!! Good tactics these by England.