• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Finally they bowl a short one to Trott. Played an ordinary pull shot earlier, really doesn't look comfortable playing it.

Reckon he can expect a few more of those this season. That was embarrassing. And it won't get better on further watches.
Yeah, it's something tooextracool mentioned before the tour and I agreed. He got out to a miscued pull in the one of the other tour games as well; he reminds me a lot of Neil McKenzie as a batsman and we know what happened to him here.

It's why I was so annoyed with the insistence on bowling full to him and short to Cook earlier.

TumTum

Banned
Re: George's action, I implore those questioning it to have a good look at McGrath's action for his first 3 seasons. Shockingly, some players develop and *gasp* get better.
Agree.

That is why I don't like to predict on bowlers much. They can change easily, unlike batsman who are very predictable.

At this moment though, not really impressed by George.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trott playing the pull shot about as well as Suresh Raina, it has to be said.

Re. Geaorge, yeah he may well get better, just don't think he's up to it yet. I mean, good on him getting a test match and all, but imo he shouldn't be near this level yet.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finally they bowl a short one to Trott. Played an ordinary pull shot earlier, really doesn't look comfortable playing it.

Reckon he can expect a few more of those this season. That was embarrassing. And it won't get better on further watches.
Looks ordinary when he attempts to avoid the short ball and worse when he tries to play it - could be a very long summer ahead for him

As you mentioned earlier, the Aus A bowlers seemed to have their batsmen mixed up when it came to tactics

Easy enough to do when you have a left hander and right hander at the crease:wacko:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it's something tooextracool mentioned before the tour and I agreed. He got out to a miscued pull in the one of the other tour games as well; he reminds me a lot of Neil McKenzie as a batsman and we know what happened to him here.

It's why I was so annoyed with the insistence on bowling full to him and short to Cook earlier.
Yeah, that analogy you brought up a while ago rings so true. Though both Neil Mac and Trott are kings of bringing out the front foot pull domestically.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
O'Keefe definitely gets a loft of drift for someone who doesn't look like he uses his front arm much. His straighter ball almost has the flight of a slow little outie.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I actually laid £20 on Cook topscoring for England in the ashes yesterday, at about 8/1

I know he's out of form and has technical problems, but considering the bloke is the opener, those are pretty sweet odds imo.

Julian87

State Captain
Don't know if I said it here or cricsim but it's a pity Cameron, Hilf and Bolly are all ordinary with the bat because them + Johnson would be an awesome attack at brisbane. Can't afford such a tail these days in test cricket though. Especially when England have Swann and Broad in their lower order.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't know if I said it here or cricsim but it's a pity Cameron, Hilf and Bolly are all ordinary with the bat because them + Johnson would be an awesome attack at brisbane. Can't afford such a tail these days in test cricket though. Especially when England have Swann and Broad in their lower order.
Hilfenhaus seemed to have improved a lot with the bat while he was out injured and couldn't bowl, to be fair. It's not a good tail by any means but I don't think it'd be a disgrace. I'd rather play McDonald as the fourth seamer though (should four seamers be picked) as he could contribute even if he didn't bowl much.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, Cameron with a no-ball for a wicket. Bill, look, it may have been a couple of centremetres over, but I'm not sure you can put the horrible shot down to that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Top ball from SOK! Terrible commentary though - why would it be the armball if he beat him on the outside? When you have to get corrected by Mark Nicholas you know you've made a major **** up.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
"Just a couple of centremetres, that is all that is needed". So true, Richie!

Well bowled by O'Keefe after Pietersen came down, couple of sliders and then got over the top of that one a bit more. Still, it's just a delivery, and KP's made it look a bit better than it was.

pup11

International Coach
Asif recently maybe? Got him a couple of times, Sydney and Lords I think.

Clarke almost at White's level against balls angling in, tbh.
I think you are taking about Clarke from 2005, these days he virtually stone walls everything which is primarily the reason why all the flair from his batting is gone.
White on the other hand really doesn't have any feet, he just stays rooted in his stance and and goes at the ball with his hands which is something that's always gonna cause him problem whenever the ball moves.
Burgey said:
Mate, tbh I just don't think his action is repeatable enough to see him bowl consistently well at the highest level. I grantyou he's only young, but I just worry about his action is all.
His action is ok, its more his follow-through that's a problem. He at times looks like he could fall over in his follow-through.
Though having said that every individual is different and even if his action looks difficult to us, it might be easy for him to repeat and regardless of all that he is doing well in domestic cricket and that's all that should matter at the end of the day.