• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No but it was very similar to a number of Cam White dismissals......

Think the only times Clarke was bowled was at Lords when he walked down the deck at Hoggard and dragged on and later in the series shouldering arms.
Harmison got him with a slower ball at Edgbaston, Simon Jones got him shouldering arms - I'm sure that someone else bowled him through the gate whilst Clarke was attempting to drive down some non-existant line, in almost exactly the same manner as White was. If not in 2005 then I've definitely seen Clarke dismissed at some point in his career in an almost identical manner to White last night.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, I just found an article on Lawrie Sawle that says he became Chairman of Selectors late in 1984, which is perfect.

Thought it'd be as easy as googling "Australian Selectors Cricket 1984"...apparently not.
Dont think thats right, i'm fairly certain he wasnt chairman in the 80's, but 100% remember him being chairman from around 93 or 94 until around 1997. Am kind of sure he started as a selector in the mid 80's. Having said that I could be very wrong!!!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harmison got him with a slower ball at Edgbaston, Simon Jones got him shouldering arms - I'm sure that someone else bowled him through the gate whilst Clarke was attempting to drive down some non-existant line, in almost exactly the same manner as White was. If not in 2005 then I've definitely seen Clarke dismissed at some point in his career in an almost identical manner to White last night.
Asif recently maybe? Got him a couple of times, Sydney and Lords I think.

Clarke almost at White's level against balls angling in, tbh.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
C-Mac looking his normal dependable but unpenetrative self.
I think McKay has looked the most impressive of the Aus bowlers so far, although none of them looked particularly dangerous. He is getting a bit more seam movement than Cameron, who isn't really getting anything at the moment. Ever since Smith's and O'keefe's innings the pitch has looked very good for batting really. Hopefully this rain will bring in some lower clouds which can assist the bowlers a bit more.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The deck certainly wasn't as green as what it looked for the Tas v Qld game. Reckon yesterday it was one of those sessions in the morning where you hope that you play and miss rather than nick them, because by the end of the day and all of the second day (today) it's going to be pretty good to bat on, but still offer the bowlers enough.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cameron's been all over the shop after lunch. :(

Not only has he bowled both sides of the wicket, but he's been full to Trott and short to Cook, which makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

Burgey

Get on with it England. Dead set snooze fest here.

Honestly, hy aren't they just full and moving away on off stump to Cook? The man is a walking wicket if you bowl there.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bowling short to Cook is probably the worst idea imaginable. He has every technical deficiency you can think of on the front foot and he hammers short ****. Just pitch it up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cameron's been all over the shop after lunch. :(

Not only has he bowled both sides of the wicket, but he's been full to Trott and short to Cook, which makes no sense at all.
All the bowlers seem to be doing this. Have they not seen them bat before?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The Australian bowlers have certainly made the game more exciting. Bowling pump the last four overs.

Interesting to see O'Keefe on, not bad timing.

TumTum

Banned
Really can't understand why people rate George highly. He is erratic and doesn't get any movement. A bad version of Siddle basically.

Burgey

Confess I am beginning to reach this conclusion too. Interesting dissection of his action by Benords there.

flibbertyjibber

Woke up at 3 and got up and pleasantly surprised.Thought we might have struggled a bit more on such a bowler friendly wicket.Good to see Cook get his 50,just need him to go on now and for Trott to get a big one too.