• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Definitely a problem you'd rather have than the one the Aussie selectors are having i.e. "So... who's fit?"
You know the world's gone crazy when England have a much more settled eleven than Australia going into an Ashes series and one of the few answers to the above question is "Mark Cameron".

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know the world's gone crazy when England have a much more settled eleven than Australia going into an Ashes series and one of the few answers to the above question is "Mark Cameron".
*subject to change without notice.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
heh, gone are the days of 'Aus's second XI would beat most Test sides.' Not that I thought it was terribly true anyway but this side is struggling to compete against England's second string.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Rob Key doesn't quite have the face for Television, but I do enjoy his punditry a lot. Generally speaks a lot of sense, has a great cricket brain and I could defintely see him move into a regular commentary position when his career comes to an end. I'd rather listen to him ahead of Botham or Knight anyway.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Really like Paine's batting, not a world beater but his technique is solid. Would bat all day for 10 if needed, not sure some of the other batsmen could leave their egos at the gate. Would be very brave to play Paine as a batsman, but his front foot play is miles better than White's for example.

DragonPunk

School Boy/Girl Captain
With our middle order woes, i'd give Paine a go as just a batsmen. I don't know how good he is in the field though.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
With our middle order woes, i'd give Paine a go as just a batsmen. I don't know how good he is in the field though.
That is the worst idea. Paine has always been a wonderful to watch batsmen, who simply fails to consistently score big runs. Until he starts scoring plenty of runs for Tasmania, then he will remain our backup wicketkeeper.

I would much prefer Wade over Paine if selecting purely based on batting ability.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
To be fair a 30 (70) is the kind of thing that could really help stop a collapse.

However given that there are more than a few around who could do that better...

pup11

International Coach
Jeez, just saw the scorecard and I was shocked!! Expected better from the batsmen tbh, so is the pitch a juicy one or has England just bowled well!?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wonder if Ferguson/Usman had at least made it to 50 today, how much deliberation the selectors would have had in regards to Hussey's position. I still think he's a lock for the 1st test at least, but a score from either of those 2 today and who knows.