• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Constant injuries and the NSW pecking order, UIMM. Should be right at the front of that queue now, though.

simmy

International Regular
If the Australia A game is on TV in Aus, surely Sky would have paid for that too?

No?

outbreak

First Class Debutant
The aus a game is on tv? Are nine running it? I remember when i was a kid they used to show alot more Aus A games.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I suppose it's too much to hope that there'll be any UK coverage of the WA game? An internet radio commentary link perhaps?

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Cameron plays about two games a season on average. I don't want to waste one of them in a tour game. :p
But in that rare case that Cameron is actually fully fit, it would be awsome to see him bowling against England.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
It is going to be a tough tour game for Western Australia. A full strength England versus an average Shield team.

The big weakness for WA is a lack of bowling firepower. Hogan is the only bowler who has looked threatening this season. This is a great chance for the England batsmen to start the tour with plenty of runs.

Did anyone see the ticket prices for the game? They will be lucky to have five people at the ground excluding the players and staff.

Adults: $20
Children: $10
Concession: $15
Family: $45

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't think that's too bad for a day's entertainment tbh...
Neither do I but no-one will show up; it's silly. I reckon they'd make more profit if they cut the prices as extra ticket sales would make up for it.

Anyway, why are Australia letting England play WA? They're ****house. Should've dented their confidence with a hard-fought game against NSW, Victoria or Tasmania.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Western Australia v England would struggle to draw a decent crowd regardless of ticket prices, but to charge $20? It removes the possibility of those who might venture down for a couple of hours during the afternoon.

Ticket pricing lacks logic. Has anyone at CA attended Marketing 101?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most sports matches which are much shorter are cheaper than that tbh. Mind, no one really goes to domestic matches.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I thought people would wander down to see England before the ashes if tickets were half the price of that. $20 is crazy.

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
Heh I thought they'd just make it like a shield game and be free, well theres goes my inkling to wonder down come when they play here.

SACA Website had tickets at $12, seems more reasonable I might go down for a day still it seems

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
WA won the toss and will bat.

England side is pretty much what you would expect for Brisbane.

Cook, Strauss, KP, Bell, Trott, Colly, Prior, Broad, Swann, Anderson, Finn.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The stupidest thing is that the majority of the crowd would be walk-ups during their lunch breaks at the office, from memory the WACA isn't too far away from some business districts. They're going to laugh at paying $20 to come in for an hour.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
WA's bowling attack is so dire. Magoffin returning strengthens it a bit from the last Shield game where they fielded an attack that wouldn't be too threatening in first grade cricket, but England should definitely not have any problems scoring runs when it's their turn to bat.

WA have a few good bats - North, Voges, Robinson, Pomersbach etc; they seem to all under-perform collectively despite maintaining good averages though. Curious phenomena. Either way, as I said before, poor call to give them the tour game IMO.

Last edited: