• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

Jacknife

International Captain
Swanny and Broad are having a bit of fun out there, hitting 4's all over.Broad gets to 50 with a 6.That's the declaration from England.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Worst thing about facing England is their very competent tail, probably the best in the world. Given Australia's current woes with finishing the tail off, I hope things change in the Ashes, otherwise there could be some more frustrating results.

Jacknife

International Captain
From the sound of it the England top order had problems with the bounce at the WACA, going too hard at the ball seems to be there undoing. Broad and Swanny thought they were playing 20/20,Broad hit 53 off 48 and Swann 37 off 25.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well at least KP got some runs.:laugh:

Good to brush off the cobwebs in the opening game,At least we have 2 more matches to improve unlike previous tours.

Burgey

Well at least KP got some runs.:laugh:

Good to brush off the cobwebs in the opening game,At least we have 2 more matches to improve unlike previous tours.
Perth is pretty different to most everywhere else too, assuming the deck had something in it like they're trying to get back into it.

As for Jono's link, not opening it. Last time I opened a link posted by him my Facebook page spanned everyone with some random crap. It maybe some odinseries India won here, I don't know. Certainly never won a test series here.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mildly odd we pulled the plug when still in arrears although time in the middle for the bowlers obvz more important than the result overall tho.

Nice to have a decent lower middle order but not so nice they were needed to haul the top order out of a hole. If Cook fails again here second dig and at Adelaide I fully expect to see Morgan play v Oz A.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lack of lower order runs hurt us big time in 06 and of course caused all the debates about selection. Good to see Swann hit a few as he had been out of form. And Broad's century at Lord's (that's right, century at Lord's, something Ricky 'all-time great' Ponting doesn't have) seems to have given his confidence back

morgieb

Poms struggling against a ****house state XI. Good to see. Took Swann and Broad to bail them out, which concerns me...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lack of lower order runs hurt us big time in 06 and of course caused all the debates about selection. Good to see Swann hit a few as he had been out of form. And Broad's century at Lord's (that's right, century at Lord's, something Ricky 'all-time great' Ponting doesn't have) seems to have given his confidence back
Easy to hit centuries when you're playing match fixers I reckon.

pup11

International Coach
Think this game is giving glimpse, into what's gonna happen. English batting is gonna hinge on KP and the bowling is gonna mainly depend on Broad.

Good early signs these for Oz!!

Woodster

International Captain
Quite a few judgements being made on here on the basis of two days in a warm-up game!

It's all about getting used to the conditions, obviously it's not ideal for a batsman to stay in the middle for only half a dozen deliveries, but for the likes of Trott, KP, and Bell today will have helped them in getting accustomed to things. Do not read too much into the situation of this game, it's all about game-time.