• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd imagine a fit Onions would be ahead of Finn in the queue, although I don't say that with any certainty.

Our pace stocks look reasonable at the minute. Anderson bowling well. Broad doing okay when fit. Finn taking wickets. Onions injured. Tremlett looking impressive in this match. Shazhad seems to have potential. And Bresnan isn't the worst guy in the world to have waiting in the wings.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd imagine a fit Onions would be ahead of Finn in the queue, although I don't say that with any certainty.

Our pace stocks look reasonable at the minute. Anderson bowling well. Broad doing okay when fit. Finn taking wickets. Onions injured. Tremlett looking impressive in this match. Shazhad seems to have potential. And Bresnan isn't the worst guy in the world to have waiting in the wings.
Don't forget the next gen talent - Chris Woakes, James Harris and Nathan Buck.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
I think Finn would still get the nod, but not a bad backup in Onions, both still rather raw. Bresnan should really stick to organising Bucks Parties, I can't believe they try to call him an "allrounder"

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bresnan is a very good one day player who is currently in and around the test side. I can't see that lasting much longer, we have too many better bowling options than him, his only way into the side would be as a number 7 but he isn't a good enough bat to be that high in the order, he could do the 5th bowler role but not the batting.

Bresnan is you typical bits and pieces county pro, jack of all trades master of none in the Mark Ealham mould. I'd have him in every one day side as he can be used enabling the selectors to rotate and rest Broad/Anderson as and when is required to keep them fit but deep down i don't think he is good enough to be a test player.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
He gets a bit of a raw deal tbh. If he's going to have any success, I think it's going to come at test level rather than the ODI's

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
He's also only 25 despite it seeming like he's been around for years. I reckon he could still do a good job for us, even if it's as our 4th/5th choice bowler who comes in when there's injuries rather than as a first pick.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
He does have the ability to reverse swing the ball. Seems to do little with the new ball, batting is a bit of a joke really, tailend slogger