• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

James

Cricket Web Owner
CricInfo call it the Brisbane Cricket Ground :p

But I'll change it to keep you happy :)

Jayzamann

International Regular
Just have a funny feeling it's going to be a wet summer.
Probably will be, la Nina and all that.

6 years of dry stuff and the one year where Australia really need home conditions to suit, the temperature of Pacific Ocean currents don't place nicely :ph34r:

howardj

International Coach
Please let it not rain
I am going to the first two days I think. I am expecting it to rain, but don''t really care. I am just looking forward to two days off work, and two days on the piss.

It should be a cracker though. I love the first morning of the first Ashes Test.

So sacred and pure.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this the Aussies getting excuses in early with doom and gloom about the weather?

Thought that was our trick.:laugh:

As for the test,can't wait.Will be fascinating to see if Australia have the bottle to make the changes the fans seem to want to the batting order.Not too fussed either way,either you have under the pump oldtimers struggling for form under pressure or new kids expected to produce the goods right away.Win win for England really.

Barring injuries we know the England team now,just hope Strauss isn't a useless tosser like Hussain was.:laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My tips for this Test:

England by an innings & 350 runs

Strauss to outscore Australia by himself
Jimmeh to pwn the hapless convict 'batsmen'

Spark

Global Moderator
Is this the Aussies getting excuses in early with doom and gloom about the weather?

Thought that was our trick.:laugh:

As for the test,can't wait.Will be fascinating to see if Australia have the bottle to make the changes the fans seem to want to the batting order.Not too fussed either way,either you have under the pump oldtimers struggling for form under pressure or new kids expected to produce the goods right away.Win win for England really.

Barring injuries we know the England team now,just hope Strauss isn't a useless tosser like Hussain was.:laugh:
It's been quite wet this year. It would suck massively if, for example, the start was delayed because of rain. Massive anti-climax.

sifter132

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
My tips for this Test:

England by an innings & 350 runs

Strauss to outscore Australia by himself
Jimmeh to pwn the hapless convict 'batsmen'
Replace England with Australia, Strauss with Marcus North and Jimmeh with Dougie and that's my exact prediction :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
I would honestly consider bowling first in the Test, especially if we get more wet weather.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I would honestly consider bowling first in the Test, especially if we get more wet weather.
I think Strauss might be hesitant to make that call after what happened last time an English captain elected to bowl first at the Gabba :laugh: