• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's at least half right, tbf. Trott having been castled already and all.
By a ball in an area that made him try to play on the off-side...not caught on the leg-side. Can see the merit in it, but not every second ball as I said earlier.

I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not though...hence the ? If he wasn't, ignore this post and the former one :happy:

Now I'm confused.

Last edited:

social

Has Cook even played one full blooded drive yet? All his scoring shots have pulling short rubbish, clipping off his pads through the onside or dabbing it into off and picking up a quick single. Not exactly complaining though as it seems to be working for him.
He basically only has 3 shots - cut, pull and nudge that he can play from straight to fine leg

If you bowled full around off stump all day, he'd do you no real damage plus it's the most likely way of getting him out

Needless to say, we're not bowling there

pskov

International 12th Man
Flintoff on twitter: "Just watch 2 overs, no need for them helmets against this attack. Fill your boots lads!"

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
By a ball in an area that made him try to play on the off-side...not caught on the leg-side. Can see the merit in it, but not every second ball as I said earlier.

I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not though...hence the ? If he wasn't, ignore this post and the former one :happy:

Now I'm confused.
Don't think the short midwicket and maybe short mid on had much effect on Trott's batting as he was already getting boundaries down to fine leg and have seen that sort of tactic being applied against KP, which just doesn't seem to work.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Healy is right *shudder*

Poms can leave any good delivery at the moment, because they know they'll get a bad one soon enough. Pietersen still can't wait that long.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't think the short midwicket and maybe short mid on had much effect on Trott's batting as he was already getting boundaries down to fine leg and have seen that sort of tactic being applied against KP, which just doesn't seem to work.
Yeah, because those balls went to fine leg. He likes to whip the ball from off, and look at how his feet were nowhere when he was forced to hit the ball to another area. Like Haydos and the short mid-off, it's not necessarily about having him caught there, it's about making him play to another area.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, because those balls went to fine leg. He likes to whip the ball from off, and look at how his feet were nowhere when he was forced to hit the ball to another area. Like Haydos and the short mid-off, it's not necessarily about having him caught there, it's about making him play to another area.
:thumbsup:

AWTA completely.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah, probably you would be right, as I didn't watch his dismissal closely enough.

Son Of Coco

Fair enough, in that case I agree.

I don't think Australia bowled well to that field either. Too much blatantly down leg. If they'd been able to bowl to a just outside off line and occasionally angle one in towards off/middle they might've had a greater chance of getting a false stroke from Trott. As it was, a leg-stump line took those fielders out of play anyway as he could play it behind square.

Would prefer they made him play a majority of his shots through the off personally.