• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Your ****ting me.
Ohhhh nooooooooooo :-o
Bollocks. Watch out for the 3rd ball of the next away tour.
NO! How slow is my stream?!
Just said in a jokey serious way that we'll be one down in the first over
Try not get overawed by that you ****.
Oops.

**** gets wickets.:ph34r:

Rank bad ball,Botham would have been proud of a wicket off that.
I'm just savouring the English response to that wicket.

It's a beautiful thing.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Aleem Darr proves why he is best umpire in the elite panel.:)
I guess one thing to be said is that at least the referral system has stopped those ones being referred to as "bad decisions" by the umpire when they are given not out. So often you'd hear commentators say, "Oh, they've got that wrong!" when the ball was shown to be clipping the outside of the stump. Fair reason to have some doubt if hawkeye is showing the ball only just clipping the stump.

kingkallis

International Coach
I cant wake up early if I have to attend a business meeting or a con. call but its 'The Ashes'. I am up to watch the game and so far it looks a good contest.

If these 2 can see the Poms through to lunch, England can surely hope for a total of 350+

Wicket looks good for batting!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Aleem Darr proves why he is best umpire in the elite panel.:)
Meh. It was neither a good nor bad decision really - if Trott had been given out and referred it, the decision would've been upheld and people would be saying the same thing. Umpires do get unfair stick at times but he couldn't actually get that one wrong as such.

Personally I'd like to see all of those given out in Tests but that's an argument for another day.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would like to see Trott made to play everything through the off-side for the next 30 mins or so. Good line by Siddle. The odd short ball just outside off so he can practice his pull-shot would be good too.