• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm always more likely to stay awake when we are batting as you never know what you are going to see next with our lot.

Time will tell if the decision was a correct one but the good thing is Swanny gets to bowl last on worn pitch.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Arses didn't want to be batting. You can give it all away batting in the first hour while you can reel things back in if we were bowling.
Dunno about that on the Gabba. Can be easy to get on top early but then the other team to be 4/350+ at the end of the day.

The forecast must be good post-lunch for Strauss to have batted. Will be tough going early, though. Good for England that Bell is hitting the ball well because I expect him to be in just after lunch.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Crucial to get at least one of the openers early here...if they get off to a good start all of the nerves for the rest of the team will lift...

pasag

RTDAS
Think this is the worst Aussie XI I've seen in my time. Thank Watto Watto is there.

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I agree this aussie side looks pretty weak. I really have no faith in most of the team and wouldn't consider any of our players a banker. Something tells me we'll do ok though.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't mind bowling first. Need Hilfy to be on early and Johnson dangerous as soon as he comes on. Our attack looks so ordinary so this could either be very good or very bad.