• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've given up on the sleep idea - haven't felt so wide awake since .......................... well perhaps I'll keep that one to myself

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It wouldn't be a bad toss to lose, imho. At least if that happens it'll be on the back of at least something beyond the control of the Aussies.

Just stings all the more when we opt to bat and get rimmed. :dry:
So in reality it would be a bloody good toss to win but our captain won't take advantage of it.

There's no such thing as a good toss to lose IMO. Only bad/difficult decisions.

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
So in reality it would be a bloody good toss to win but our captain won't take advantage of it.
Best thing for Ponting would be losing the toss, he would get to bat, (which he would do anyway) and then if they get rolled they can blame the wicket without backlash at the toss decision.

The radar for weather is also looking pretty good for brisbane, so shoud be a great day for Ashes Cricket!

GO AUSSIES!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why the he'll is I Khan at 11 in your sig?

Pumped for the cricket, abc radio ftw on working days.

Pothas

Work over with, everyone was obviously too excited about the ashes to watch Harry Potter it was bloody quiet. Cannot wait now.

fredfertang

Sky doing a documentary about 86/87 - shame about Gary Newbon fronting it but a pleasant diversion before the main event

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha.. Fair to say the shape of the game has changed, isn't it?

Kevin Mitchell on the radio here saying the deck should be good enough, didn't mention anything about it being underdone at all. Good stuff

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Is murky and likely to stay that way imo...besiides, whoever bats first will be 9 down by lunch...since england is batting first.

Adamski

Cricket Spectator
Ok latest weather update. I am about 1km from the Gabba. There is a bit of blue sky above the Gabba at the moment, but pretty overcast everywhere else. Light breeze from the South East, about 24 deg C. May be a spot of rain later.

I could see Jimmy getting 2 or 3 this morning if he gets the chance.