• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I don't think you'll ever appreciate just how much I'm looking forward to this.

You're going to get eviscerated. No quarter. No mercy. And that's just by your tabloids.

We're going to royally pwn your good-for-nothing soap-dodging, toothpaste-avoiding, nudge-and-nurdling, WAG-hopping, ladyboy-impersonating, skunk-styling, Shermanating, pedalo-riding, Murray Minting, colony-seizing, Scotland-annexing, Thatcher-electing, Simon-Benson-watching, Wimbledon-failing, Warne-hating, McGrath-hating, Sky-commenting, Bodyline-bowling, Bodyline-as-leg-theory-distorting, Hick-mishandling, Flintoff-venerating, Harry Potter-spruiking, Fleet-Street-hyperbolising, royalty-stalking, chav-culture-creating pillocks back to the Golden Age of cricket. Where Billy Murdoch and Victor Trumper will continue the work of decimating you, only more attractively.

There is no greater feeling than to crush your bowlers, drive them to the boundary before us, and to hear the lamentations of your WAGS.

Like a child playing keep-away, the mother country will collapse into sobs as they realise that what was not rightfully theirs is taken away and returned home, and that their perverse game is no longer. And your Limey tears will be the sweetest of candies.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Today, I realised that Stuart Broad is the physical manifestation of Draco Malfoy. Whiny, self important blond ponce, with a bit of talent, and evil genes running through him.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This kicks off at 10am QLD time doesn't it?

Am trying to work out when I have to be up by! Want to catch the first ball.

If Harmison was still playing there's a decent chance I'd be in the perfect position.

tooextracool

International Coach
Not sure if its true or not, but Warne mentioned that Ponting hasn't inserted the opposition in to bat since Edgbaston 2005. If we see a jungle of a pitch at the Gabba tomorrow, I wonder what he'd do.

Stapel

International Regular
BBC have announced that radio 5 live will only be available online in the UK. Thus not here in NL. Does anyone know fine internet live stream radio commentary for the Ashes?

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
I don't think you'll ever appreciate just how much I'm looking forward to this.

You're going to get eviscerated. No quarter. No mercy. And that's just by your tabloids.

We're going to royally pwn your good-for-nothing soap-dodging, toothpaste-avoiding, nudge-and-nurdling, WAG-hopping, ladyboy-impersonating, skunk-styling, Shermanating, pedalo-riding, Murray Minting, colony-seizing, Scotland-annexing, Thatcher-electing, Simon-Benson-watching, Wimbledon-failing, Warne-hating, McGrath-hating, Sky-commenting, Bodyline-bowling, Bodyline-as-leg-theory-distorting, Hick-mishandling, Flintoff-venerating, Harry Potter-spruiking, Fleet-Street-hyperbolising, royalty-stalking, chav-culture-creating pillocks back to the Golden Age of cricket. Where Billy Murdoch and Victor Trumper will continue the work of decimating you, only more attractively.

There is no greater feeling than to crush your bowlers, drive them to the boundary before us, and to hear the lamentations of your WAGS.

Like a child playing keep-away, the mother country will collapse into sobs as they realise that what was not rightfully theirs is taken away and returned home, and that their perverse game is no longer. And your Limey tears will be the sweetest of candies.
:laugh::laugh:

TEC - To be honest, if Ponting didn't bowl first at Headingley in the summer, he won't bowl first tommorrow, (almost) certainly.

I suspect that, either way, England are going to be bowling first tomorrow. Just a hunch, mind.

chalky

International Debutant
Ponting will bat 1st just like he did at Sydney (I think) against Pakistan last year when Asif ran through the Aussies on a green top.

Howe_zat

Audio File
BBC have announced that radio 5 live will only be available online in the UK. Thus not here in NL. Does anyone know fine internet live stream radio commentary for the Ashes?
Test Match Sofa, the alternative cricket commentary | Welcome to Test Match Sofa has divided opinion on these boards (it's very unapologetically English) but provides guaranteed live commentary on every ball. It's basically a group of friends and cricket nuts watching Sky in one of their mates' flat.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Today, I realised that Stuart Broad is the physical manifestation of Draco Malfoy. Whiny, self important blond ponce, with a bit of talent, and evil genes running through him.
I know he's not meant to be popular, but Draco Malfoy is my favourite character in Harry Potter. A bit like Broad, you're not meant to like him but you can't help it.

Oh, I forgot Snape. He's my favourite really. Alan Rickman, the hottest man in the world. :p

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if its true or not, but Warne mentioned that Ponting hasn't inserted the opposition in to bat since Edgbaston 2005. If we see a jungle of a pitch at the Gabba tomorrow, I wonder what he'd do.
It would be an even braver call for Strauss to insert after Nasser's mess-up in 2002.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been widely reported that Ponting overruled Warne's vociferous objection to bowling first at Edgbaston after McGrath's injury

Battle of egos and Ponting lost

Tbh, my biggest fear is that Oz bat, collapse and that sets the tone for the series

Far cry from when we were one of the batting teams ever just a few years ago and would've blasted these Poms to all parts