• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doesn't look bad that. A few showers shouldn't interrupt play too much, could make things pretty humid. Still unconvinced by the Gabba Greentop - believe it when I see it - but it sounds like there'll be some swing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 19-28 seems fairly cool for a QLD summer fixture?
Hot enough to melt a few Poms though :ph34r:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Geez the Courier Mail has gone downhill. This bogan journalist, Ben Dorries, knows full well that England are only doing what Australia did in England in 2009 - attending a single function for the whole tour.
Only turned up for 1 Test as well ITBT. :ph34r:

Ruckus

International Captain
Sigh.

Dougeh
Haha it sounds as though you have finally conceded?

Edit: It's official:

"Peter Siddle will play his first Test since January after beating Doug Bollinger for the final bowling spot."

Last edited:

Julian87

State Captain
May as well go for England if we're dropping Bollinger for Siddle. FMD it was the sole reason we lost in india a few years ago when they picked Siddle on 'nets bowling form'.

FMD

If we're playing Siddle it should be ahead of Doherty, ESPECIALLY if Watson can't bowl.

FML

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Haha it sounds as though you have finally conceded?

Edit: It's official:

"Peter Siddle will play his first Test since January after beating Doug Bollinger for the final bowling spot."
They must have conveniently forgotten that Siddle was pretty much going to be dropped from the test side after averaging in the high 40s against the allmighty Pakistan and West Indies batting line ups last summer

outbreak

First Class Debutant
The reason i herd is Bollingers still sore and they don't want him breaking down in the first test. Is everyone forgetting this or is what i herd bull****?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Keep banging on about the climate though. Your blokes will melt here. They can't carry a ****ing air conditioner out on the field with them.
I recall Alec Stewart having some harsh words to Dean Headley in 1998 at Adelaide on day 1, the Poms were melting that day and Dean was labouring big time. Alec said stuff like "are you fit to do a job", "are you fit for your country", Ian Chappell was snickering in the comm box, funny stuff!

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah I don't know about that
awta. I think any attack at the selectors being 'dumb' is completely warranted. The amount of stupid decisions they (probably mainly Hilditch) have made now is getting out of hand. Forget taunts to the English side, we need to get a "Ditch Hilditch" chant going at the stadiums during the Ashes...