• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

robinjr

School Boy/Girl Captain
You know all this? That's the issue, Bollinger may only be half done during training sessions, or he may be mentioning to the trainers he isn't quite right. We simply won't know.
but then they should at least mention that Bollinger is the 1st choice and Siddle will be his back up only if Doug cant play...

pasag

RTDAS
wtf?

The one thing we had going for us was Bolly.

Hilfenhaus, Johnson, Siddle and spinner WILL NOT take 20 English wickets.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I agree. I just really dislike it when Bollinger is compared to Johnson. The only similarities they share are being left handed, being professional cricketers and being born in the same country. The bowl very differently.
Nah, you're wrong.

A- They are both bowlers

B- They are both ****s.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah, I agree. I just really dislike it when Bollinger is compared to Johnson. The only similarities they share are being left handed, being professional cricketers and being born in the same country. The bowl very differently.
Oh yeh, of course, I just meant roughly in terms of how often they swing the ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Probably just pure speculation. Don't curse the selectors for something they haven't done yet
Indeed. Not going to go on a rant about it until someone whose opinion actually matters suggests Siddle will play, or indeed Siddle actually plays ahead of Bollinger. It'll be an almighty rant if it happens though.

Sylvester

State Captain
Some guy posted on another forum that it is a done deal and Bollinger will be released to play for NSW in their up and coming OD match.

TBH I'm sure the selectors were going to pick Siddle even if both were fully fit, they have always had a fascination with him because he is an "all day bowler that hits the deck hard".

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Indeed. Not going to go on a rant about it until someone whose opinion actually matters suggests Siddle will play, or indeed Siddle actually plays ahead of Bollinger. It'll be an almighty rant if it happens though.
It might be speculation, but I don't see why Peter English would write something as assertive as "Peter Siddle has firmed as Australia's third bowler for the Gabba" if he didn't have some kind of info supporting it...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I don't care if a journalist or some odd job posts on a forum about it, I'll wait until its officially confirmed before I spray a rant

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It might be speculation, but I don't see why Peter English would write something as assertive as "Peter Siddle has firmed as Australia's third bowler for the Gabba" if he didn't have some kind of info supporting it...
It was also written and suggested that Clarke was definitely not playing on thursday, but now it seems he will

robinjr

School Boy/Girl Captain
despite being consistent,the main reason why i desperately want Bollinger to play is becourse hes very potent against the tail.we are having massive problems in cleaning off the tails of late that cost us so many high profile test matches.i have no doubt what so ever that Doug would have surged through the tail in Mohali had he not injured him self

the rest have no idea on how to get the tail endears out.Siddle will serve in long hops to Swann and Broad im sure and will get belted.

Ruckus

International Captain
It was also written and suggested that Clarke was definitely not playing on thursday, but now it seems he will
Totally different though, because Clarke's uncertainty was based around injury, which can obviously get better. As far as I know Bollinger is in full fitness, so any possible switch between him and Siddle won't be made because of injury but other reasons. I agree with you though, I don't want to get too ahead of myself here, but at this stage the signs aren't looking that positive.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Totally different though, because Clarke's uncertainty was based around injury, which can obviously get better. As far as I know Bollinger is in full fitness, so any possible switch between him and Siddle won't be made because of injury but other reasons. I agree with you though, I don't want to get too ahead of myself here, but at this stage the signs aren't looking that positive.
I don't know about that either.

But it's still an indication of how 'sure' some of these journalists can be, only to quickly change their opinion. They'd mostly written him off from playing

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Selectors may think that Bollinger's ability to bowl well in the second innings could be a factor if he is overlooked. Obviously in his last Test he pulled up lame and in the Shield match he got none-fa in the second dig.

It will certainly be harsh if he's not in the XI

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbh, without being in the set-up, that Siddle's been given absolutely every opportunity to play is a strong pointer to him lining up on Thu. It's probable Bollinger's still injured (side strains suck balls and take ages to heal) but they might be having a look to see if he can bowl well with the pain and inconvenience.