• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In a third of tests at the Gabba since the Hayden/Langer partnership was broken, Australia has failed to make 250.
In the last test of the Langer-Hayden partnership, England's new ball bowler didn't hit the pitch :ph34r:

Think it will be more down to atmospherics than the state of the deck per se, but at least we don't have long to wait now :)

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
In the last test of the Langer-Hayden partnership, England's new ball bowler didn't hit the pitch :ph34r:

Think it will be more down to atmospherics than the state of the deck per se, but at least we don't have long to wait now :)
Toooooooooo long! :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Heard that Cricket Australia are trying to put the series back a year on account of your team being ****, can you confirm Burgey?

Sylvester

State Captain
Well done to Khawaja, hopefully hes learnt from the Aus A game if he makes his debut. Still what is Smith in the squad for? It seems he is only there to replace North which is stupid since he should be there to replace any batter not just the one considered to be in batter + spin bowling slot. And obviously the reason for him not replacing Clarke is down to a very unstable order of North, Hussey and Smith which is all the more reason that the first two should have been replaced. If this was back in the day and you have Martyn and Waugh rather than North and Hussey then I'm sure Smith would have been just fine getting the nod from the selectors.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Gaaaah wish people would stop badgering on about the build up and all the bloody talking. Teams are even. Quality is spread equally. Lets get on with the goddamn cricket.

Ma first away Ashes series too. Toooo excited,

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gaaaah wish people would stop badgering on about the build up and all the bloody talking. Teams are even. Quality is spread equally. Lets get on with the goddamn cricket.

Ma first away Ashes series too. Toooo excited,
If you're really bothered by talking about the Ashes, are you sure you're in the right place? :unsure:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
If you're really bothered by talking about the Ashes, are you sure you're in the right place? :unsure:
I am irrational.

Nahh by talking I meant the teams, coaches and stuff. I am simply dying for some Ashes.

Any seemingly angry/impatient things I say from now till day one are purely a result of the waiting.

Apologies in advance... :@

Burgey

Heard that Cricket Australia are trying to put the series back a year on account of your team being ****, can you confirm Burgey?
Have heard plastic surgeons are trying to put your face back together, for similar reasons. Can you confirm?

WAC.

howardj

International Coach
Hoping all the CW cricket chat heavy hitters are on here on Ashes Eve tomorrow night:

- Vic
- Got Spin
- Burgey
- Faaip
- PEWS
- Top Cat
- Four and Six
- Pup
- SofC

and many more.

Ashes eve.....ohhhh...can't wait.

EDIT - and Social and Nath and Fertang and Remba

Last edited:

Burgey

Quite right to leave Corrin out of that list tbh.

I realise it's far from exhaustive, but Messrs Fertang and Zaremba worthy inclusions. Nath too.

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I need a reason to not goto work that won't arouse suspicion. It's hard because my boss knows i like cricket...