Cricket Player Manager
Page 405 of 405 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405
Results 6,061 to 6,067 of 6067
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: *Official* First Test at the Gabba

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Haha yeah, it's true. The flipside to a draw feeling like a defeat is that teams typically learn more from defeats than they do victories.

What really makes me think the psychological edge stuff is hugely overstated is that it can all be rendered irrelevant if a wicket falls in the first five overs of the next match.
    Or in the first over. Or in the first three balls. At the time we were just saying 'our build up has gone right out the ****ing window'.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    I am just so pissed of at the coverage in the Australian media about this match... Shame on them..Its a disgrace really..
    Australia did not get 'thrashed'
    England did not 'own' Australia..

Lets look at the facts

England managed 11 wickets in the match...and yet their bowling attack is supposed to be out of this world.
    Australia managed 11 wickets in the match and yet its supposed to be god awful.

Australia dominated the match for 3 and a half days out of the 5 days of a test match and yet this is supposed to be like a defeat, despite the fact that they skittled out England for a meagre 260 on a first day flat pitch. They thrashed the number one spinner in the world all over the ground...

Problem in this country is that there are too many fools writing in print media and most of these fools dont really have much in depth knowledge about the field they are writing in. Clearly anyone who understands cricket would not write the crap that is being written after the first test match.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    I am just so pissed of at the coverage in the Australian media about this match... Shame on them..Its a disgrace really..
    Australia did not get 'thrashed'
    England did not 'own' Australia..

Lets look at the facts

England managed 11 wickets in the match...and yet their bowling attack is supposed to be out of this world.
    Australia managed 11 wickets in the match and yet its supposed to be god awful.

Australia dominated the match for 3 and a half days out of the 5 days of a test match and yet this is supposed to be like a defeat, despite the fact that they skittled out England for a meagre 260 on a first day flat pitch. They thrashed the number one spinner in the world all over the ground...

Problem in this country is that there are too many fools writing in print media and most of these fools dont really have much in depth knowledge about the field they are writing in. Clearly anyone who understands cricket would not write the crap that is being written after the first test match.
    I can't say what the Aussie media is like, but I feel you may be guilty of the odd overstatement in this post yourself...

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    "Mitchell Johnson's response to his omission from the side has been inspiring..."

Justin Langer was one of my favourite players, but he comes out with some very funny comments.

By and large I agree that the media have been far too critical of Australia. But they do come out of this with more worries than England. You don't concede 517-1 without serious bowling issues.

Australia didn't dominate for three and a half days. They won the 1st and 3rd, England won the 4th and 5th, 2nd day was about even.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    By and large I agree that the media have been far too critical of Australia. But they do come out of this with more worries than England. You don't concede 517-1 without serious bowling issues.

Australia didn't dominate for three and a half days. They won the 1st and 3rd, England won the 4th and 5th, 2nd day was about even.
    If anything Australia benefited the most. Our weaker links failed and it's bringing in our better bowlers for no cost
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    bump
    ​63*

Thread Information