• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha yeah, it's true. The flipside to a draw feeling like a defeat is that teams typically learn more from defeats than they do victories.

What really makes me think the psychological edge stuff is hugely overstated is that it can all be rendered irrelevant if a wicket falls in the first five overs of the next match.
Or in the first over. Or in the first three balls. At the time we were just saying 'our build up has gone right out the ****ing window'.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I am just so pissed of at the coverage in the Australian media about this match... Shame on them..Its a disgrace really..
Australia did not get 'thrashed'
England did not 'own' Australia..

Lets look at the facts

England managed 11 wickets in the match...and yet their bowling attack is supposed to be out of this world.
Australia managed 11 wickets in the match and yet its supposed to be god awful.

Australia dominated the match for 3 and a half days out of the 5 days of a test match and yet this is supposed to be like a defeat, despite the fact that they skittled out England for a meagre 260 on a first day flat pitch. They thrashed the number one spinner in the world all over the ground...

Problem in this country is that there are too many fools writing in print media and most of these fools dont really have much in depth knowledge about the field they are writing in. Clearly anyone who understands cricket would not write the crap that is being written after the first test match.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I am just so pissed of at the coverage in the Australian media about this match... Shame on them..Its a disgrace really..
Australia did not get 'thrashed'
England did not 'own' Australia..

Lets look at the facts

England managed 11 wickets in the match...and yet their bowling attack is supposed to be out of this world.
Australia managed 11 wickets in the match and yet its supposed to be god awful.

Australia dominated the match for 3 and a half days out of the 5 days of a test match and yet this is supposed to be like a defeat, despite the fact that they skittled out England for a meagre 260 on a first day flat pitch. They thrashed the number one spinner in the world all over the ground...

Problem in this country is that there are too many fools writing in print media and most of these fools dont really have much in depth knowledge about the field they are writing in. Clearly anyone who understands cricket would not write the crap that is being written after the first test match.
I can't say what the Aussie media is like, but I feel you may be guilty of the odd overstatement in this post yourself...

Howe_zat

Audio File
By and large I agree that the media have been far too critical of Australia. But they do come out of this with more worries than England. You don't concede 517-1 without serious bowling issues.

Australia didn't dominate for three and a half days. They won the 1st and 3rd, England won the 4th and 5th, 2nd day was about even.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
By and large I agree that the media have been far too critical of Australia. But they do come out of this with more worries than England. You don't concede 517-1 without serious bowling issues.

Australia didn't dominate for three and a half days. They won the 1st and 3rd, England won the 4th and 5th, 2nd day was about even.
If anything Australia benefited the most. Our weaker links failed and it's bringing in our better bowlers for no cost