• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some of this bowling in the last hour has been like decleration bowling in county cricket.Australia appear to have just given up.

pskov

International 12th Man
England should declare IMO. They're scoring so fast that they'll soon be way out of reach.
Why bother making your bowlers toil on this pitch any longer than you have to? At most declare at Tea and have a 25 over or so spell with the new ball. I think it's more valuable battering the life out of Australia in the field than giving them an opportunity to rebuild a bit of confidence by scoring some runs on a featherbed.

Blocky

Banned
If Australia want to win the ashes, remove the (c) from Ricky Ponting and give it to Michael Hussey. He's the only guy out there still keen to play cricket.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What did you expect after one wicket for four hundred runs? 'LOL FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY, WE'VE GOT THEM NOW, THIS IS THE WARM UP JOHNSON NEEDS, WATSON HAS GUN HAIR TODAY'

...instead of calling out Clarke and Johnson for disgraceful cricket which they've, incidentally, been playing?
:laugh:

He does though, 'cause he's Watto :wub:

Look, I'm not going to pretend this is anything but extremely frustrating, annoying and somewhat depressing. However I'd like to think of this as an abnormality, rather than "then norm" which is what you'd think it was given by the tone of posts in here.

I'm probably well in the minority in this POV, but meh, am just getting sick of all the pessimism from pretty much everyone about Australian cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If the new ball swings then there is always a chance of a wicket or two. You never know what you can happen if Australia get put under pressure.

Adamski

Cricket Spectator
Was a great day to be an Englishman at the Gabba yesterday :)

Gotta work today tho :dry:

I think England should go on to full-on 20/20 mode after lunch and set 290 odd for the Aussies to chase in just over a session.

Cook 200

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well batted Cook.Great innings under enormous pressure at the start but this is so easy now.Go on and on kid,you don't get many chances to smash easy runs like this in Australia.

pskov

International 12th Man
Well played Cook. The bowling may have been average, bordering on diabolical at times, but he's barely put a foot wrong and batted excellently even when Australia were trying quite hard.

Tip Foster's 287 is in reach you know. :ph34r:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:

He does though, 'cause he's Watto :wub:

Look, I'm not going to pretend this is anything but extremely frustrating, annoying and somewhat depressing. However I'd like to think of this as an abnormality, rather than "then norm" which is what you'd think it was given by the tone of posts in here.

I'm probably well in the minority in this POV, but meh, am just getting sick of all the pessimism from pretty much everyone about Australian cricket.
Mate. England are 1/432. If there was a time for pessimism it's now