• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Woodster

International Captain
Four more through third man.

Some real spin out of the footholes or off the cracks for Doherty. If we can get a lead of 300 and leave Australia about 40 overs to have a real go at them, who knows. I'm not suggesting we would bowl them out by any stretch of the imagination, but may give them a few scares.

The Aussies look really down now, it seems a good chance to try and get stuck into them.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Dunno what's more heart-breaking, the 2 dropped catches or the whinging. It's like everyone decided to become the Australian version of Scaly, minus the swearing.

It's frustrating as hell no doubt, but no amount of over-the-top pessimism is going to make anything better. Anyone would think we're already 3-0 down in the series or something.
What did you expect after one wicket for four hundred runs? 'LOL FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY, WE'VE GOT THEM NOW, THIS IS THE WARM UP JOHNSON NEEDS, WATSON HAS GUN HAIR TODAY'

...instead of calling out Clarke and Johnson for disgraceful cricket which they've, incidentally, been playing?

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another crap wide call on a bouncer.:@

Give the bowlers a break please umps.Not as if they are sending down 4 or 5 of them an over.

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
Why bother bowling Watson, he's the smartest bowler for Australia & been injury prone & will have to open, this match is likely a draw, bring on Hussey. ****

dfx-

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
First post, but have been watching the South Africa tour and the last Australian Summer from snowy Dublin, why are these bowlers still picked? Why is there so much faith..

West Indies had a good go except Brisbane - 20 runs away in one test if I remember right, South Africa ran hard even in Sydney, but now..

It's a sorry low..

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Smith/Mackenzie made something absurd not long ago.

---

Wow this is amazing.
Smith and McKenzie had an opening stand of about 440 against Bangladesh IIRC, Sangakkara and Jayawardene put on something insane like 650 against South Africa, which I think is a FC record.

Spark

Global Moderator
Dunno what's more heart-breaking, the 2 dropped catches or the whinging. It's like everyone decided to become the Australian version of Scaly, minus the swearing.

It's frustrating as hell no doubt, but no amount of over-the-top pessimism is going to make anything better. Anyone would think we're already 3-0 down in the series or something.
Mate, the drop from the Clarke is the worst I've seen in a long time from an Australian fielder. Not a natural slipper, yes, but a fielder of his calibre should catch those 1000/1000.

The wide from Johnson was also terrible - as stated it landed about two metres from his feet, and since then we've misfields for four, long-hops, the whole lot.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Harris reported to have bowled very well against the Vics yesterday, if they can be reasonably sure his knee is going to hold up he has to come in for Adelaide imo.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another crap wide call on a bouncer.:@

Give the bowlers a break please umps.Not as if they are sending down 4 or 5 of them an over.
Yeah I agree, don't mind them tightening up on the stuff wide of off-stump. But, considering the state of most wickets around the world at the moment, limiting a bowler's ability to get it up above the batsman's head with a short ball makes it difficult.

Fair enough if it's miles above his head, but otherwise it's a bit tight.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Have to say I'm pretty chuffed, mostly because pre-series I put £20 on Cook to topscore for England. At amazing odds. :ph34r:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My only consolation is that QLD are going great guns in the shield.

I really hope that Bollinger picks up a bag today.