• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ponting almost never bowls Katich from what I've seen. If he hasn't slept with his wife, then at least an extended relative.
So that's anyone in Tasmania, then?

Have to say fair play to the chaps today; they really stood up when it counted, which is not something one's always been able to say of English batting line ups of yore. Think we should wait til we're safe before we start sucking each others ****s tho, tbh.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say fair play to the chaps today; they really stood up when it counted, which is not something one's always been able to say of English batting line ups of yore. Think we should wait til we're safe before we start sucking each others ****s tho, tbh.
It will take a ridiculous collapse to lose this now and on that track it doesn't look likely against that attack.They need to have bowled us out 30 minutes after lunch and i can't see that happening.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Johnson to sneak onto the field over night and take a good long piss from all the gatorade he's been drinking on a good length

irfan

State Captain
Reckon Australia missed a trick here and should have picked young Stevie Smith.

Out of all the bowlers tried today, North was the most dangerous as he bowled his loopy off-spinners with a lot of overspin and outside the left-handers off-stump in the rough. Smith being a leggie bowls with a lot more side spin and would have been dangerous spinning it into the rough back into the left-hander/making the right-hander play. Sure he could have got tonked as well but atleast he will forcing the batsmen to take risks.

Doherty bowls far too flat and fast for this track and got picked off too easily. The fact he doesn't have a Vettori-esque arm ball in his armoury doesn't help when the pitch isn't doing a lot

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
today is a perfect example of what happens when you don't have a new south welshman in your attack tbh.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It will take a ridiculous collapse to lose this now and on that track it doesn't look likely against that attack.They need to have bowled us out 30 minutes after lunch and i can't see that happening.
Agreed, but as Mr P pointed out, Adelaide 2006, etc...

I've been English for too long to set any stall by chicken counting.