• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

srkven

Cricket Spectator
How pathetic is the Australian bowling in the 2nd innings? Cmon, 1/272 right now. After a good 1st innings, they slump and slowly give away the almost-certain victory if they had actually bowled them out all today or early tomorrow.

:ph34r:

tooextracool

International Coach
Watching Guy Johnson bowl is one of the most pathetic things for any cricket fan. There's little thought or planning that goes into his bowling, 6 balls an over landing in completely different areas.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A point most Aussies on here have been saying for years ffs.
Meh, respected journalists still seem to think it's only the subcontinent with flat tracks.

Gideon Haigh today was talking about how this test was a saviour for test cricket. **** he talks rubbish so often.

Then you have this ****:

The Numbers Game: The class of de Villiers, and the draw virus | Regulars | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

In the entire history of Test cricket, there've been 78 such scores, of which seven have come since the beginning of 2009, and 28 in the last 10 years. Luckily for those who prefer a more even contest between bat and ball, an Ashes Test at the Gabba is already underway.

It's ridiculous how often Australian flat decks get away with criticism.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Dire day at the cricket. Just ****house. 1 bloody wicket in 3 sessions hang your head Australian bowling attack.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
268/1 on the fourth day? Clearly Australia is not a suitable place to host test matches. I propose that future non-England Ashes games be moved to India.:dry:
^ Haha was thinking the same. Pretty dead pitch.
It's pretty much the same principle everywhere. Batting usually looks simple when your openers get you off to a big start, which Sehwag and Gambhir usually do. Like Hayden and Langer invariably did in their prime in Australia. The difference is India's bowlers aren't of the quality of Warne and McGrath, hence they can't capitalize on their batting strength as much as they should. Bowl out teams more often and people can't complain much about flat tracks, even if the home team has 4-5 batsmen racking up 50+ averages. :dry: Since India don't, we get plenty of draws and "flat subcontinent wickets" moans.

Spark

Global Moderator
He was definitely tempted, though.

Damnit. How good would have that Clarke catch have been? We needed that to stick.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It's pretty much the same principle everywhere. Batting usually looks simple when your openers get you off to a big start, which Sehwag and Gambhir usually do. Like Hayden and Langer invariably did in their prime in Australia. The difference is India's bowlers aren't of the quality of Warne and McGrath, hence they can't capitalize on their batting strength as much as they should. Bowl out teams more often and people can't complain much about flat tracks, even if the home team has 4-5 batsmen racking up 50+ averages. :dry: Since India don't, we get plenty of draws and "flat subcontinent wickets" moans.
The difference is there's usually no chance for the bowlers for the first four days in the subcontinent apart from some reverse swing. If you've been watching this test match, bar today, there's been somewhat of an even contest.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Not learning about using referrals here, are we Ricky?

4-0 on mini-sessions and my wildly optimistic morning prediction appears to be coming close to fulfilment, if that's a word. Doesn't stop me being ****ing tired again, though. I think I invented an extra day in the middle of the weekend somewhere and haven't decided if I'm going through it all again on Monday or not.

I remember the last time I went off to sleep thinking a test was dead. Adelaide 2006.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I run in 30 metres and bowl at 140 kilometres an hour.

Then I'll turn around and do it again up to 120 times a day, sometimes in 40 degree heat.

During that time, I'll drink over 5 litres of whatever sponsors tell me to drink.

There's no doubt in my mind that sport is a numbers game.

If you ask me, all those numbers add up to 0/113.

Last edited:

hazsa19

International Regular
i actually think this is a decent innings, England bowled out for 260 first up, Aus could have been gone for sub 300. Not particularly great bowling 2nd innings, decent batting, i reckon a decent spinner would do well on this.

Also England was lampooned for pitches that had games finished inside 4 days, everyone loves a whinge.