• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Debris

International 12th Man
Yes yes it does. If England know they have no chance of winning they will play defensively and it will be lame for everyone.
Make a game out of this Ponting.........
And I bet you will be the first one to attack Ponting if he makes a game of it and Australia loses. And it won't be lame for me.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If we make 124 more runs in 30 overs our lead would be 300. 2 overs change of innings, 6 overs to get an opener out.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still looks to be a bit in this wicket and it's not going to get any better so just keep batting whilst the runs are flowing

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If I wasn't a mod, I'd put everyone who talked about declaring so early on my ignore list. Australia should aim to bat once if they can, which is itself unlikely. Bat bat bat bat bat. 176 is not enough.

Spark

Global Moderator
If we declare, say, late in the morning session tomorrow that gives us 160-odd overs and a lead of 350-odd.

That's the earliest we should think about declaring IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Single-precision floating point = decimal
Integer = whole number

Programming talk.

So basically, Paine couldn't convert 4.46 into 4. Gedditt???!?!

Reckon only 10% of the members would get it, but I had 10 beers before I made that post so I'm liable to be cryptic.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If I wasn't a mod, I'd put everyone who talked about declaring so early on my ignore list. Australia should aim to bat once if they can, which is itself unlikely. Bat bat bat bat bat. 176 is not enough.
Of course it's not enough. 300 is though.

Bun

Banned
Aussies should aim at going at ODI rate post tea, get a 300 run lead and then ask England to bat today.