• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In India Paine looked better than what Haddin did the last time round and Paine performed well .
In Australia it is a different kettle of fish though.
Paine can look better than Haddin all he wants (looks better than most Australian batsmen really and is one of my favourite cricketers) but he was never more likely to score more runs. He has a wonderful technique but he couldn't convert a single-precision floating point into an integer.

hazsa19

International Regular
but right now, strauss is pissed off, cook trott and Pietersen have been chasing leather.

I could never see us seeing off the bowlers tonight. I can't really see us batting for 2 days tomorrow, but there would be more of a chance after a nights rest.

aussie tragic

International Captain
This is now the 3rd highest 6 wkt stand for Australia

1. 346 - Fingleton & Bradman
2. 317 - Martyn & Gilchrist
3. 281* - Hussey & Haddin
4. 279 - Haydon & Symonds
5. 260* - Jones & S Waugh

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nah it's gun. Nerdiness FTW. It's going to become the new "couldn't tell **** from clay." :ph34r:
I liked it. In fact it may just be the highlight of today's play, just sneaking ahead of Haddin's straight drives on the grounds that Cribb wants to be English and Haddin just wants to **** us around Brisbane. And has been doing so for the last day. And I have watched all 511 balls since the last wicket at stupid hours.

Days of Grace

International Captain
No way will Australia declare. They are grinding England into the dust at the moment and inflicting not a little psychological damage in the process.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I liked it. In fact it may just be the highlight of today's play, just sneaking ahead of Haddin's straight drives on the grounds that Cribb wants to be English and Haddin just wants to **** us around Brisbane. And has been doing so for the last day. And I have watched all 511 balls since the last wicket at stupid hours.
It's not so much that I want to be English as I want to live in England. I'll support your cricket team with all my heart if you buy me a flat in the north though. I promise.

Debris

International 12th Man
Because on this deck, they could quite conceivably bat out two days. England would take the draw right now.
If England can bat for 2 days it does not matter when Australia declares. And grinding the opposition into the dust is traditional in the Ashes.

Last edited:

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
If England can bat for 2 days it does not matter when Australia declares. And grinding the opposition into the dust is traditional in the Ashes.
Yes yes it does. If England know they have no chance of winning they will play defensively and it will be lame for everyone.
Make a game out of this Ponting.........

pasag

RTDAS
Don't care about anything else just so proud we've been able to go so long without losing a wicket. Been a long, long time since we've seen something like this.