• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who was it that said Haddin is one-dimensional? Great to see the call was proven wrong straight away.

hazsa19

International Regular
Absolutely gutted for the lads, bowled absolutely beautifully this morning, looked a different class to the Aussies.

Ruckus

International Captain
Who was it that said Haddin is one-dimensional? Great to see the call was proven wrong straight away.
haha I'm pretty sure you know that was me. Been proven wrong by both Hussey and Haddin today tbh, and couldn't be happier.

hazsa19

International Regular
You mean Anderson bowled well. No one else has
Broad and Finn have beaten the bat at least a dozen times, i've watched alot of cricket and not seen a batting side with as much luck as this.

Trying not to be ungrachious or anything, it's cricket and that's how it goes at times, but it's pretty tough to take.

hazsa19

International Regular
Actually the most annoying thing is that with a couple of wickets this morning and the rest this afternoon Aus would have had a lead of about 50, setting up a cracking match.

Now it'll be a question of what England can do to save the test.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Actually the most annoying thing is that with a couple of wickets this morning and the rest this afternoon Aus would have had a lead of about 50, setting up a cracking match.

Now it'll be a question of what England can do to save the test.
Blame Strauss for using up the referals.

I'm not that impressed with Finn, I think Tremlett looked superb in the A match and the fact that he's a better batsman also will make it easier for him to replace Finn.

Edit - Finn has potential but I just think at this stage of their careers playing in Oz Tremlett is the better option.

Last edited: