• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FMD how good has this game been? This morning's play has been absolutely compelling, and Anderson bowled just about the best wicketless spell you could ever see, though he obviously should have had Hussey.

Credit to Haddin and Hussey for hanging in there though, and they've been playing really well this partnership, easily Haddin's best knock for Australia and arguably the same for Hussey. As much as I was campaigning to have him dropped before the Test, Hussey's played beautifully and we'd clearly be well and truly up the creek without him; kudos to the selectors, I suppose. Still doesn't explain North.

Debris

International 12th Man
FMD how good has this game been? This morning's play has been absolutely compelling, and Anderson bowled just about the best wicketless spell you could ever see, though he obviously should have had Hussey.

Credit to Haddin and Hussey for hanging in there though, and they've been playing really well this partnership, easily Haddin's best knock for Australia and arguably the same for Hussey. As much as I was campaigning to have him dropped before the Test, Hussey's played beautifully and we'd clearly be well and truly up the creek without him; kudos to the selectors, I suppose. Still doesn't explain North.
My concern with Hussey before this test began was mostly his age and I was starting to think it was a decline rather than poor form. Happy to be proved wrong.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No way I'm waiting up through lunch for more of this. Get a wicket now and I'd consider it.
Otherwise I look forward to waking up and seeing Jimmeh's got 6fer.

Spark

Global Moderator
Outstanding session's cricket. Fortunate to survive the first hour of superb bowling but a great counterattack after that.

pskov

International 12th Man
Watched every ball of this test so far but will be calling it a night at lunch. This session has been too deflating. Not interested in watching Aus pile on a 200 run lead.

King Pietersen

International Captain
**** staying up for the next session. I'm off to sleep. Hopefully I'll wake up to England in a better position. Wouldn't be surprised to see Australia notch up 450/500 though.

Jacknife

International Captain
England have to put that behind them and come out after lunch all guns blazing, they'll know that get one of these out and it can bring 3 or 4 wickets, especially considering it's the tail to come.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Huss getting a ton and a bit of luck, Haddin batting well. Poms in a lather over umpiring and abandoning ship. Really doesnt get much better does it?

Going to the Gabba tomorrow too. Pumped.