• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why? Because I've pointed out you might've been a bit short-sighted to attempt to try and right him off prior to the series starting and not acknowledge that he's a changed bowler?
Sorry if it doesn't quite fit in with the Burgey line of posting.
No, because you're being a ****. Then again, it's a week night there.

He's taken two wickets in 27 odd overs. It fits quite well with my "theory".

Tell me Marcarse, where did I write him off? When did I say he hasn't improved? All you've said is his record here counts for nothing, which I disagree with. He still has points to prove, and if you don't think these conditions have been helpful to him, then you're more a cricketing neophyte than I already thought you were.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The conditions have been helpful and I'm pretty sure no one thought he couldn't do well in helpful conditions. There certainly are signs that this is more than just the old Anderson bowling but most people envisioned him struggling in harder conditions than these.
Nah, he can't bowl in Australia mate.
Can't bowl unless there's thick grey clouds.
Has only demolished Bangladesh and Pakistan
Stands no chance.

Debris

International 12th Man
How many do you guys reckon we need here? Get to 150 ahead and I'll feel good about this, 200+ and turn the screws hard on England time.
Really hard to say how difficult the pitch is to bat on with such a good partnership in progress. No harm in getting 400 in front.

duffer

Really hard to say how difficult the pitch is to bat on with such a good partnership in progress. No harm in getting 400 in front.
Say one more session or so and we'll be good to go imo. Glad to see Marcuss coming around on Anderson too tbh.

Jarquis

No, because you're being a ****. Then again, it's a week night there.

He's taken two wickets in 27 odd overs. It fits quite well with my "theory".

Tell me Marcarse, where did I write him off? When did I say he hasn't improved? All you've said is his record here counts for nothing, which I disagree with. He still has points to prove, and if you don't think these conditions have been helpful to him, then you're more a crocheting neophyte than I already thought you were.
:yawn: Petty insults ftw.

Don't think I've even begun to put words in your mouth, haven't said you'd written him off have I?
As for conditions, there's been some assistance but let's not forget the people who said he couldn't bowl in Australia, or the people who said he couldn't keep it tight while not taking wickets, or the people who said he couldn't be a threat in anything but the most favourable of conditions.

But meh, he failed in 06/07 and because it's the same country and the same name he was always doomed to fail again. Not like he's a changed bowler, Australia were forecast a wet summer, that Australia's batting is nowhere near the level it was in 06/07 or anything else.

Debris

International 12th Man
Slightly but pleasantly surprised that Anderson hasn't had another spell.
England can't bowl him into the ground. They are doomed anyway if he is the only effective option available. He has really surprised me with his quality this tour, though, considering the tripe he has dealt up on previous tours.