• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Very gritty knock from Haddin. Fair amount of pressure on him considering the amount of time he has been out. This is where his real value lies, Tim Paine wouldn't be the man to take a lead quickly from 10 to 100.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh, has been the best bowler on either side bar Siddle, has made the most of the conditions himself. The ball's hardly hooping or splitting sideways of the deck.
He's bowled nearly 30 overs in the first innings for less than 2 an over... obviously left his spine and determination in border control, I mean he can only bowl when it's thick cloud remember.
I know it's cold and it's past your bed time, but you need a serious dose of GAGF.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
I do have to admit in all seriousness that Australia are really lucky not to be at least 1 down. If England don't strike before lunch then I really feel sorry for them and they'll be in for a long day. Even with the bat, you feel they could collapse with things not going their way.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it's cold and it's past your bed time, but you need a serious dose of GAGF.
Why? Because I've pointed out you might've been a bit short-sighted to attempt to try and right him off prior to the series starting and not acknowledge that he's a changed bowler?
Sorry if it doesn't quite fit in with the Burgey line of posting.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, forgot how Pizzorno's optimism-pessimism swings are off the charts

Remember a great post from [some ****] at the end of the Oval Test parodying it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why? Because I've pointed out you might've been a bit short-sighted to attempt to try and right him off prior to the series starting and not acknowledge that he's a changed bowler?
Sorry if it doesn't quite fit in with the Burgey line of posting.
One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Jarquis

One swallow doesn't make a summer.
That's not the point. For the fifteenth time, I'm not championing Anderson for a Tate-esque series.
But he's already achieved, in the first innings of the first match, what some people thought he was incapable of.

duffer

How many do you guys reckon we need here? Get to 150 ahead and I'll feel good about this, 200+ and turn the screws hard on England time.

Athlai

Not Terrible
That's not the point. For the fifteenth time, I'm not championing Anderson for a Tate-esque series.
But he's already achieved, in the first innings of the first match, what some people thought he was incapable of.
The conditions have been helpful and I'm pretty sure no one thought he couldn't do well in helpful conditions. There certainly are signs that this is more than just the old Anderson bowling but most people envisioned him struggling in harder conditions than these.