• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Spark

Global Moderator
Hang on, still a long way away from 260. Can be all out within a few minutes the way this match has been going.
100 behind would've been nigh on impossible to overcome though. 20-30 behind is not too bad, two early wickets and it's right back in the balance. These two have done well... but mostly Hussey.

hazsa19

International Regular
this is doing my head in, dreadful bowling to Hussey since his second ball.

Think both sides have shown why this will be a strange series with lots of changes in momentum

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swann really not been that great today. A lot of short stuff.
Think a fair bit of that has to do with the pressure Hussey is putting on him.

I was wrong Michael Hussey...I apologise (providing this is your new approach in all matches)!

Spark

Global Moderator
They're not bowling that short though. They're not long-hops, they're just a little bit short and Hussey is seeing them like watermelons and has had Eagle Eye implanted into his brain.

social

Finn is looking really pedestrian now and was very lucky a couple of the balls he just bowled to Haddin werent to a player in better form

social

They're not bowling that short though. They're not long-hops, they're just a little bit short and Hussey is seeing them like watermelons and has had Eagle Eye implanted into his brain.
Been some great shots but also quite a few balls that got exactly what they deserved

pup11

International Coach
Before this test he was averaging something like 80 on this ground and done fairly well at Perth. Quick tracks aren't his problem.

When Clarke is in form his main strength is that he picks up the length so quickly - quicker than the vast majority of players, which is why he can premeditate coming out of the crease so often to spinners and yet still have enough time to play normally, even on the back foot if needed.

When he's out of touch or underprepared, take your pick, he obviously won't be picking them up so easily. Then he has an problem.

EDIT: Incidentally for that exact reason his pull shot is the best indication of his form. Just look at Hussey to see what picking up the length does to your short-ball play.
What I said has got nothing to do with his form I'm talking more about his technique, because even when he has been in form he has been troubled by quicks who can bowl a good bumper (mainly tall quicks).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
With this field, think Swann should go over the wicket to Hussey and slide across him, ask him to drive, and pitch the ball just outside off stump.

Ruckus

International Captain
Finn is looking really pedestrian now and was very lucky a couple of the balls he just bowled to Haddin werent to a player in better form
He hasn't looked that good the entire match. Both his wickets were freebies. Clarke and inured man playing a garbage shot, and Katich just scooped it to him.

Spark

Global Moderator
He deserved the wicket of Clarke tbf, bowled a good line to him.

Mind you everyone bar Swann deserved his wicket.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reckon Finn's been no worse (in fact, better) than Hilfy or Johnson. Whilst his wicket balls weren't that special, he bowled a very good spell in the middle session.

Spark

Global Moderator
Definitely better than Hilf for mine. At least he's made them play.

Getting hit for a few fours >>> Going for 2.5 an over but bowling 4/6 balls a metre and a half outside off

Jacknife

International Captain
He hasn't looked that good the entire match. Both his wickets were freebies. Clarke and inured man playing a garbage shot, and Katich just scooped it to him.
Rubbish, he had a couple of great spells of bowling with Jimmy at the other end, he seems to have got tired in this last one, the old ball isn't going to help him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon Finn's been no worse (in fact, better) than Hilfy or Johnson. Whilst his wicket balls weren't that special, he bowled a very good spell in the middle session.

:ph34r: