• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke gone.

Been very good from England since lunch it must be said.

Clarke plainly shouldn't have played, unless his back went badly down hill since the match started.

pskov

International 12th Man
Well done Nasser - Clarke out playing exactly the type of shot to exactly the type of delivery he highlighted earlier when he came in.

hazsa19

International Regular
i've firgured it out! Every time I listen to tms commentary we take a wicket, only annoying thing is that i hear it about 30 seconds before i see it on skyplayer

Jacknife

International Captain
Finny strikes again, he's really bowling well so far. Clarke looked a walking wicket from the moment he came in.

pup11

International Coach
Clarke dealt with it in a way that would suggest he's sore. He never got down. It won't be the only thing but i'm sure it's a big part of it.
In general he might be a bit out of touch, but getting pinged by short balls is nothing new for him.
EDIT: Now he gets out trying to pull a SHORT ball!! What a surprise!!

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Selectors have a lot to answer for here with the Clarke selection.
Agreed, should never be left up to the player like it probably was here.

Selectors: "Hows your back mate, reckon you'll get up for the game?"
Clarke: "Yep all good phellas" (gulp)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was inevitable.Good to see Finn getting in on the action straight away again.Lad is a proper find.

Clarke has to be dropped unless his back gets better quickly.

Pressure on again now with North in.

pskov

International 12th Man
Clarke gone.

Been very good from England since lunch it must be said.

Clarke plainly shouldn't have played, unless his back went badly down hill since the match started.
Entirely possible that he felt perfectly fine going into the match but a day in the field made it feel stiff when he woke up this morning.