• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Spark

Global Moderator
Having missed the opening session one thing that surprised me when i woke up was the lack of runs scored.Did we bowl well or was it poor batting by the Aussies?
Good tight bowling for the most part. Not hugely threatening for a lot of it but tight. Broad was good at that. Anderson's second spell was excellent.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Having missed the opening session one thing that surprised me when i woke up was the lack of runs scored.Did we bowl well or was it poor batting by the Aussies?
First five overs were pretty ordinary, but after that they were very disciplined. Got slowly better as the session went on.

Ruckus

International Captain
What else did you expect him to do? Leave it? He's always going to try and hit those balls, I don't get how it's a stupid shot. Trying to get it off the hip and simply didn't come off. Oh well, move on.
Yeah well I'm pissed off at the moment, so logic doesn't really prevail. Still played it badly though.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gee, what a surprise to see Ponting get out to a nothing delivery straight after an interval and Katich chuck away another start

I'd be mildly annoyed if it hadnt been happening for 2 ****ing years!

Now it's just expected

chalky

International Debutant
We bowled a lot of deliveries that the batsmen could leave, especially Katich, which explains the low run rate wouldn't say we bowled poorly but not great either.