• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Blaze 18

Banned
I have never really rated Ian Bell, but that was a fine innings from him. It is the kind of innings one would expect from Kevin Pietersen, not Ian Bell.

Great day for Australia, though. Peter Siddle proved all his critics wrong; the pitch was hardly a minefield, but he showed what pitching the ball up can do. I have a feeling the English bowlers will waste the new ball by bowling too short tomorrow. I would be surprised if Australia are not in a commanding position by the close of play on day two.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eh? I don't think Hilf is any more important to "team morale" than anyone else. I would have actually thought Dougie was a very popular figure in the team.
It's not about popularity. It's about how team dynamics/plans/confidence change when you swap one bloke for another, especially if the combo is going well. Just changing Hilf for Bolly for no compelling reason will have consequences.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have never really rated Ian Bell, but that was a fine innings from him. It is the kind of innings one would expect from Kevin Pietersen, not Ian Bell.
Am right there with you...it's a struggle to say this, but he did bat well. Still think he's a bit of a bottom-feeder, but he might change my mind this series.

He did one thing you'd expect of Ian Bell against Aus though. He got out between 50 and 100. Couldn't really be helped though given the situation I suppose.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Question, when was the last hat trick which comprised of 3 players who had all made test centuries in their careers? Usually you get 9 10 11 mopped up with hat tricks, but not often genuine all rounder types or middle order batsmen, pretty awesome effort, i would say the most epic hat trick ive seen in test cricket, in one dayers that honour goes to the mighty Anthony Stuart! What a brilliant one that was at the G in 1996.

morgieb

Question, when was the last hat trick which comprised of 3 players who had all made test centuries in their careers? Usually you get 9 10 11 mopped up with hat tricks, but not often genuine all rounder types or middle order batsmen, pretty awesome effort, i would say the most epic hat trick ive seen in test cricket, in one dayers that honour goes to the mighty Anthony Stuart! What a brilliant one that was at the G in 1996.
Wasn't Pidgeon's hat-trick in the top order?

Burgey

G McGrath v WI.

Sherwin Campbell
Brian Lara
Jimmy Adams

Joao

U19 12th Man
Can't be sure but wasn't Pidge's one at Perth Campbell, Lara and Adams? Reckon all three of them have a test hundred or two.

Confirm it was.

YouTube - Glen Mcgrath Hatrick

Joao

U19 12th Man
Having been beaten to McGraths, I found another.

Wasim Akram vs Sri Lanka.

Gunawardene
Vaas
Jayawardene

Vaas might not have scored one at the time but he did eventually.

morgieb

Gunawardene
Vaas
Jayawardene

Who's Gunawardene, ooc?

That's not bad, but Jayawardene wasn't that good back then as well. I'd still take Siddle or McGrath's hat-trick.

benchmark00

Gunawardene
Vaas
Jayawardene

Didn't Irfan Pathan take a hatty in the first over of a test match against Pakistan? Surely those three had/have made hundreds. cbf checking.

Top_Cat

Zoysa's first over hatty against Zimbabwe a decent collection too; Gripper/Goodwin/Johnson.