• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I had classed the first two sessions in the day as evens, but what a fantastic display from the Australians in the final session. Siddle's spell was amazing, makes a bit of a mockery of those (myself included) who wouldn't have picked him in their first choice starting XIs. Surely England must strike early in the first session tomorrow - if Australia are 1/120 at lunch they'll be in a hugely dominant position.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awesome first day. So good from Moobs, Doherty looked alright as well. Not too concerned by J0hnners or Hilf yet, see what happens in the 2nd dig.

Ponting/Watto will ton up tomorrow (y)

TumTum

Banned
What's so awesome about Siddle is that after he takes 1 wicket, you can sense more around the corner. He had a similar spell on his debut against SA at the SCG, once he is pumped up, he attacks those stumps like a bulldozer :happy:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
What did the review system say about the Broad LBW. It didnt look out the couple of times Ive seen it in real speed. Looked to hit him outside the line. Obv it must have been Ok but was it marginal with Hawkeye?

TumTum

Banned
What did the review system say about the Broad LBW. It didnt look out the couple of times Ive seen it in real speed. Looked to hit him outside the line. Obv it must have been Ok but was it marginal with Hawkeye?
Hit his foot on the leg stump line.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Hit him on the toe. plumb

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Not really, hitting middle IIRC.

Pretty much plumb, think it was a desperation review if anything.

pasag

RTDAS
Taylor may have been a fine captain but hes a bit of a clown as a commentator. Have to wonder whether some of these channel 9 commentators watch any cricket outside of what happens in Australia.
They don't aside from Chappell and Greig who have overseas gigs. Basically November comes around, they dust off the suits and old cliches and get stuck in. But obviously they've played Test cricket so they're the best candidates for the job...

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that did not quite go as one would have liked but McDonalds breakfast has cheered me somewhat, and a hatrick is always incredible to watch no matter what the circumstances, best moment of the day was when my friend said 'lets see how Prior does' as Siddle ran into bowl.

Bell was great though, wiish he had got a ton but that was a quality performance from the quality player he is finally becoming.

Spark

Global Moderator
Awesome first day. So good from Moobs, Doherty looked alright as well. Not too concerned by J0hnners or Hilf yet, see what happens in the 2nd dig.

Ponting/Watto will ton up tomorrow (y)
Johnson I'm withholding judgement on, it was a slow wicket today that was punishing on anything remotely short and we all know how he does on those. Should enjoy the 2nd innings more when it's quicker.

Hilf bowling so much innocuous wide stuff was a bit of a concern though

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sids! Fantastic stuff, I'm gutted I missed the hattrick. :dry:

Australia in a great position to push for a 150+ lead now. It'll be interesting to see how Finn goes. Not expecting much tbh.

Ruckus

International Captain
What's so awesome about Siddle is that after he takes 1 wicket, you can sense more around the corner. He had a similar spell on his debut against SA at the SCG, once he is pumped up, he attacks those stumps like a bulldozer :happy:
I think if Siddle simply thought about his bowling more, he could potentially be quite awesome. What I don't understand though, is why does he only start bowling good length deliveries when he is pumped up? He clearly has the ability to do it and obviously knows they are the dangerous deliveries, so why not do it all the time? I feel he doesn't have the patience or something to bowl consistently in the same area - it's like when he has bowled a couple good ones in a row he has this insatiable urge to bowl a short delivery...he just can't help it.

ripper868

International Coach
dogscratch punting swanneh to the boundaries a highlight of the day for mine.

Doherty> Swann:ph34r:

Australia lead by 100 at stumps, 300 by tea day 3, england 4 down and 280 behind by stumps day 3

TumTum

Banned
@DuesEx ignore my comment about Siddle's debut, that was Bollinger :oops:

I think it's a combination of both him being pumped up and the pressure on the batsman seeing Siddle's face.

Last edited: