• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorted....

How's the snow?
None round my way, yet, anyway

Need as many runs as possible here but if we do get out soon, I fancy Jimmeh to nick a couple out

Also, I guess the point Brumby was making about selection the other day has really come to the fore here. I'm sure some would have still preferred Bollinger but it's hard to bag the selectors after what Siddle has done.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Strauss - far too close to cut
Trott - nipped back but playing across line
KP - hard hands reaching for drive (looked good)
Colly - no footwork
Cook - good ball
Prior - typical Prior nip-backer
Broad - full and straight first up, toes in the way
Swann - across a straight one

Few blameless batsmen here. Bell has been serene in the midst of it all and is now running out of partners. It will be interesting to see what we do with the ball tonight (thanks for that Brad) and critically, what lengths we bowl. I fear a spell of Finn/Broad wasting short stuff.

Bite your hand off for 250 right now.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Siddles shut everyone up! Was driving home from work when those wickets fell and i could tell who was listening to the cricket by their reactions while stuck at the lights!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haddin drop. Should have been easy for the gloveman. Siddle is bowling like a hybrid of Marshall and McGrath right now.

joels344

U19 Debutant
So how'd you get into cricket, and who are you rooting for? I'm an ex-pat Brit, lived in San Jose for almost 13 years.
Well, I've always been a huge sports fan. I've followed MLB, NBA and Formula one for years. I had always been slightly interested in cricket since I heard about it, but one day, I decided to learn the rules and I became addicted to it.

I have plenty of respect for both teams, but I'm rooting for the Australia. What part of Britain were you originally from?

Dang, Almost 7 for Siddle.

Spark

Global Moderator
No no no no no Ricky don't do that

Hmm not smart from Bell here. Gotta take a leaf out of Hussey's book, needs a calm head

EDIT: Ironically this pitch is starting to look better to bat on now, with the ball just starting to come onto the bat

Last edited: