• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Just woken up to all this.

Great performance from Siddle of coruse, but looking at cricinfo's commentary, there's been some pretty soft dismissals afaics. Being positive's all well and good, some of the dismissals smack of brainlesness for mine.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
****'s sake. Don't ****ing waste the review you idiots - yes it's missing off and leg but it's also smashing the middle of middle.

I have been up all night to watch this and yes, Siddle's bowled well, but we're pissing it all up the wall right about now. Starts, failures to convert, inability to keep bat straight, and now ****ing hiding from a passing shower.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(y) Siddle, wag. Making an otherwise miserable day (friggin flu) awesome.

Mitch looking poor, but meh, he'll be back.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just woken up to all this.

Great performance from Siddle of coruse, but looking at cricinfo's commentary, there's been some pretty soft dismissals afaics. Being positive's all well and good, some of the dismissals smack of brainlesness for mine.
Quite a few of them yes. The 2nd and 3rd balls of the hatrick were purely bowler's wickets though. Pretty tough to keep leg-stump, middle-stump yorkers first up.

pasag

RTDAS
Was very sceptical about Siddle, but happy to have egg on my face. Still think leaving out Bolly if he was fit was a shocker though. Hilf and Johnson should be fighting for a place now, although neither deserve it for Adelaide.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Test cricket is so ****ing good. Sanga has declared at 387/9 against WI BTW.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

Peter Siddle, what a guy. Have to give kudos to the selectors too; I criticised them roundly but they've backed their man and he's provided the goods.

Also seriously ****ing annoyed; I got back home about 5 minutes too late and missed seeing the hattrick live. Absolutely fuming.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
****'s sake. Don't ****ing waste the review you idiots - yes it's missing off and leg but it's also smashing the middle of middle.

I have been up all night to watch this and yes, Siddle's bowled well, but we're pissing it all up the wall right about now. Starts, failures to convert, inability to keep bat straight, and now ****ing hiding from a passing shower.
Yeah this.