• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Spark

Global Moderator
A lot depends on whether the pitch quickens up a little when we bat. If it's a little quicker and driving becomes easier, I'd say we would pass 350 reasonably OK barring anything silly.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oz really have to bowl in better areas to Cook

He has hardly scored a run in the arc between forward point and mid wicket and is simply waiting on anything short and wide or on his legs

pskov

International 12th Man
Oz really have to bowl in better areas to Cook

He has hardly scored a run in the arc between forward point and mid wicket and is simply waiting on anything short and wide or on his legs
True, but have to give Cook some credit for his patience. The guy has clearly realised he has a bit of a fallibility driving through the off-side so he's just put that shot away. He's left an awful lot to the pace bowlers outside off and has forced them to bowl straighter.

Edit: Sky just showed map of Cook's innings - he's attacked about 6 deliveries outside off-stump all innings.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hilfy just hasn't just been able to get the outswinger starting from close enough to the stumps.

Reckon that the wides have all been a bit harsh, its Test match cricket ffs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is very ordinary stuff from Hilf. Basically bowling for a mistake.

Ponting taking the wides in typical good heart. Can be a **** at times, as Athers has just pointed out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Look who's back.

Honestly, a snoozefest with Cook. He's as bad as Katich tbh.

How was your Strauss time mate?
Struggled to get to sleep, then woke up at 3.40 (an hour into the session). Was tempted to get up but knew I'd regret it so checked the score and drifted back off.

Feel fairly good now, though by the end of the working day I might struggle. No big deal though as it will make it easier for me to sleep this evening and repeat the pattern tonight.

pasag

RTDAS
Struggled to get to sleep, then woke up at 3.40 (an hour into the session). Was tempted to get up but knew I'd regret it so checked the score and drifted back off.

Feel fairly good now, though by the end of the working day I might struggle. No big deal though as it will make it easier for me to sleep this evening and repeat the pattern tonight.
Go back to sleep.