• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Ruckus

International Captain
The weather better not dictate this match. Really hope when Australia bats the weather isn't overcast...If it is then a first innings score of >250 will be tough to match.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Australia has a fair go policy now to avoid players parents complaining their son's aren't getting a run.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking at the swing Watto is getting, Hilf should probably be a bit disappointed. Maybe I was overrating him a bit earlier. He's a good bowler, but maybe not likely to run through lineups even in swinging conditions.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably Australia's session, always a good effort to break a partnership before it gets out of hand and keep the scoring rate under control in the middle session.

joels344

U19 Debutant
Another evenly matched session. Cook is batting smart and scoring some quality runs. Siddle had two huge wickets, while Johnson is completely inaccurate today. Good thing the rain appears to have passed by.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Again an even session IMO, impressed with Cook's solid performance after lunch since I thought he looked a bit vulnerable in the first session. Bell's looked confident too, and if they can guide England to a score of 5 or 6 for, say 270 at close, I'd say England will have edged the first day.

Adamski

Cricket Spectator
Pretty evenly balanced - next session decides the day. 260/6 not so bad if one of Bell or Cook is still there. If Aus or England can do better than that then they will have had the balance of it.