• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Predictions

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I had money on him for being series wicket taker after he took a 5er in FC. Not overly distraught over him getting dropped or anything though considering my bet on Australia is 4x that

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
2-1 Crims

Top runscorer - Watson, Strauss
Top wickettakers - Johnson, Broad
Dumpings - Hussey, Cook, Finn
Returningplayers/Debutants - Khawaja, Morgan, Tremlett
Surprise Package - North
Mystic Zaremba somewhat wide of the mark so far, as per usual.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With neither side looking like bowling the other out twice, I predict five draws and a first day crowd in Sydney of 826.
This leads to CA going into financial crisis and withdrawing from international cricket to focus on it's new role as the latest IPL franchise.

ripper868

International Coach

5-0 Australia
Top runscorer - Dogscratch, Mussey, Strauss
Top wicket taker - Dougeh, Swann
Dumpings - KP's missus, Bronte's Surf
Debutant/Returning players - Siddle, Flintoff, Spofforth
Surprise Packet - Cheese and Onion Samboy's
Pretty much bang on.

tridibans

Cricket Spectator
I see many people here had Johnson in their wish list as the leading wicket taker:dry:
If the first test is anything to go by, it will be 2-1 England come january 2011.

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
3-1 England
Top runscorer - Strauss, Clarke
Top wicket taker - Hilfenhaus, Broad
Dumpings - Hussey
Debutant/Returning players - Khawaja, Copeland
Surprise Packet - Swan to finish averaging 40+ with the ball (but do well with the bat)
thats my only victory so far, averaging 80 I believe.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think you've finally broken even in your prediction career.
Ha, it's definitely made up some of it. Not sure whether it's a good thing that my post in here was the first thing I thought of when I saw that P Siddy had taken a hattrick, tbh.

Stapel

International Regular
Before this series got underway, I figured England were marginally favourites to keep The Ashes, for two reasons: Graeme Swann and just needing a drawn series. Those two arguements, imho, outweigh the fact that the Aussies play on home soil.

For the rest, I would think both teams were fairly equal. Having the benefit of having seen 8 days of play out of a possible 25, things look rather different. If at this point England could select Aussie players too, whom would they pick? None? Maybe MHussey, possibly Haddin, but otherwise?

Maybe it's a bit harsh, but the last week has taught me Australia are rightfully #5 in the test rankings. India, SL, SA and England simply have better teams!

England to win the series 4-0! Rain permitting........

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
4-0 Australia
Top Run Scorer - Ponting/Strauss
Top Wicket taker - Johnson/Broad
Axed - Hauritz/KP
Debuts - None
Flop of the series - Prior
Surprise - Johnson, will take plenty of wickets and bat a lot better as well.

Looking an early candidate for worst predictions :laugh: