• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Predictions

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Returning: Steve Harmison gets flown out to replace a homesick KP, who promptly returns to Johannesburg.

3) Mitch reveals his 'surprise package' on the balcony after Australia regain The Ashes to the delight of Jessica Bratich, who goes on to tear his middle stump completely out of the ground later that night. Reports of the dalliance in the paper the next day suggest Mitch had good rhythm, but still 'sprayed it around everywhere'.
:laugh: These lines are effing hilarious

tooextracool

International Coach
Really get the feeling that KP will be top scorer this series. These pitches are custom made for his style of batting and I also dont see anyone in the Australian bowling attack thats likely to trouble him.

pup11

International Coach
2-1 Australia
Top runscorer - Michael Clarke/Australia. Collingwood/England.
Top wicket taker - Ben Hilfenhaus/ Australia. Stuart Broad/England.
Dumpings - Mike Hussey, Steven Finn, Simon Katich, Ian Bell
Debutant - Callum Ferguson
Returning players: Phil Hughes, Chris Tremlett, Eoin Morgan
Surprise Packet - Nathan Hauritz, Marcus North

pup11

International Coach
England have less talented players but will win in a similar fashion to '09 because they are a better team

Pains me to say it but that's the truth
Strongly disagree with this!! Australia were in strong positons, right through the Ashes 2009, and it was due to their own, mistakes that they eventually lost the series.
This time around the Ashes is taking place in Oz, and England away from aren't the strongest of teams.
Therefore we should win easily against them, if we play decent cricket.

pup11

International Coach
Katich has had a few bad games now, and he is also nursing a thumb fracture, so a few more poor games, and his head could roll.
He is not one of fancied players, so he definitely won't get as long a run, as a Hussey or Ponting....

Woodster

International Captain
Strongly disagree with this!! Australia were in strong positons, right through the Ashes 2009, and it was due to their own, mistakes that they eventually lost the series.This time around the Ashes is taking place in Oz, and England away from aren't the strongest of teams.
Therefore we should win easily against them, if we play decent cricket.
I'm sure part of it was down to some good cricket by England to force these mistakes. Winning the big stages of the Test, holding their nerve better, etc.

Spark

Global Moderator
Katich has had a few bad games now, and he is also nursing a thumb fracture, so a few more poor games, and his head could roll.
He is not one of fancied players, so he definitely won't get as long a run, as a Hussey or Ponting....
I'm prepared to give Katich a bit more leeway. He batted OK in England and has been very consistent over the last three years.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
and I also dont see anyone in the Australian bowling attack thats likely to trouble him.
That's nonsense. Hilf troubled him big time in 09, and if he gets those outswingers going I'd back him to get KP early. Defo feel Bolly and especially Harris will cause him alot of problems. Really want Harris in the Brisbane X1 tbh, big fan.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
If Hilfy gets a bit of swing early against Pietersen there is definitely potential for him to nick off especially if you get it really full as he does seem to get out quite often like that.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Backing the hilf for a break out series. He has two more shield games before gabba so we'll get a fair indication beforehand

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Hilfy is easily the bowler I fear will make most impact against us. Even if he isn't getting wickets I can see him bogging us down something horrid.

pup11

International Coach
I'm prepared to give Katich a bit more leeway. He batted OK in England and has been very consistent over the last three years.
You might be prepared to give him a bit of leeway, but unfortunately you or me don't pick the team!

pup11

International Coach
I'm sure part of it was down to some good cricket by England to force these mistakes. Winning the big stages of the Test, holding their nerve better, etc.
Getting bowled out for 116 odd in the 1st innings at the Oval in pretty decent batting conditions, then using North and Hauritz to try to knock over Panesar-Anderson at Cardiff, weren't exactly flashes of brilliance from Oz.

pup11

International Coach
Really get the feeling that KP will be top scorer this series. These pitches are custom made for his style of batting and I also dont see anyone in the Australian bowling attack thats likely to trouble him.
As has already been said, there is no merit to what you are saying.
Hilfenhaus and Bollinger are top notch test bowlers, capable of knocking over any batsman, and KP is no different.
I think even Hauritz could have his movements against KP, because his ****y attitude might lead into, him showing no respect to Hauritz, and that could prove to be his undoing.
As for Johnson, as of now, think he is gonna struggle in general, but then, you never know with him.

tooextracool

International Coach
As has already been said, there is no merit to what you are saying.
Hilfenhaus and Bollinger are top notch test bowlers, capable of knocking over any batsman, and KP is no different.
I think even Hauritz could have his movements against KP, because his ****y attitude might lead into, him showing no respect to Hauritz, and that could prove to be his undoing.
As for Johnson, as of now, think he is gonna struggle in general, but then, you never know with him.
Look, my comments werent meant as a slight against the Australian bowlers. I think highly of the likes of Hilfenhaus and Siddle. However, my point is that their style of bowling isnt the style of bowling that KP has had problems against over the course of his career. Even in the last Ashes series, I thought he looked fairly comfortable until his regular brain explosions.

Out of all the bowlers, yeah Hilf is most likely to cause him problems but I don't think Hilf is likely to get much swing in Australia. Anyways, its a bloody prediction, whether or not you agree with the reasoning behind it is quite frankly irrelevant. Its a gut feeling.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Getting bowled out for 116 odd in the 1st innings at the Oval in pretty decent batting conditions, then using North and Hauritz to try to knock over Panesar-Anderson at Cardiff, weren't exactly flashes of brilliance from Oz.
England didn't bowl well at The Oval to force these mistakes of course 8-)

So sick of reading this crap for the last year and a half.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah Oval was as much brilliant bowling as poor batting.

Lords 1st innings was worse.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Oval was as much brilliant bowling as poor batting.

Lords 1st innings was worse.
I agree that Lords was the worst collapse by you.Oval and Edgbaston collapses were down to brilliant bowling.

The Headingley debacle by us was a combination of both.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lord's was borderline ********. You kept feeding us short long hops, and we kept feeding (almost literally) fielders.