• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Predictions

Howe_zat

Audio File
England 3-2 Australia

Top scorers: Katich, Collingwood
Top wicket takers: Hilfenhaus, Broad
To be dropped: M Hussey
To return: Tremlett
Surprise package: Collingwood
Yeah, that's what I thought. Main prediction, fairly close, the rest of it, ****house.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Predos:

Score: 2-1 England, going 1-0 up at Adelaide (by an innings) then each team sharing a test after some dodgy Australian selections.

Top Runscorers: Mike Hussey, obviously; Cooky for us (probably with a double-hundred poked in there somewhere. tbh i expect him to surpass his total from either of the previous two ashes series within the first game...:sweatdrop)

Top Wicket Takers: Hmm...maybe Finn...or Swann...or Jimmeh possibly...ahh they'll all be pretty even mereckons...

Failures: I foresee a Stuart Broad injury...yep yep i definitely see it; oh and a host of Australian changes cause, you know, their selectors are thick. I mean we all knew that before so i could quite feasibly have predicted this.

Returning: Tremlett then; someone by the name of Sambuca...or...Jagermeister (no, no, not a spirit) must be Pinot...or Grigiot...or Stella...damn i know i'm close, it'll be something in the general area of Stella i'm sure.

Surprise Packages: Strauss to become Marcus North. Cook to become Don Bradman. Trott to become Don Bradman. KP to become Don Bradman. Australia to pick a SLA chimpanzee if Ricky prefers it to Hauritz
Wow. Seems like my predictions for so far have been on the money. :ph34r:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3-1 to the good guys (that's Australia, not the Poms!)
Top runscorer: Watto, Pietersen
Top wicket-taker: Johnson, Swann
Dumpings: North, Haurie, Hussey, Bell, Finn
Debut/Return: Khawaja, Smith (sort of....), Harris, Tremlett
Surprise Packet: England taking the lead sometime in the Ashes.
So far....

Series score: Still can happen, but it requires a lot of luck.
Runscorer: Still a chance.
Wicket-taker: Johnson won't, Swann might.
Dumpings: First 2 were dumped, next 2 won't, Finn probably won't following Broad injury.
Debut/Return: All of these have happened except for Khawaja
Surprise Packet: Yep, has happened.

TumTum

Banned
My predictions:

- I reckon Swann will have an average series overall wise, but he will pick up a bag of wickets at certain times, hopefully it all comes in vain, but I doubt we would get on top of him forever.

Correct, but it didn't come in vain :(

- Punter will get at-least 3 tons this series and it will be the start of another purple patch for him.

So so so so wrong (although he could still get those 3 tons)

- Watson will look great all series, but won't have the scores to back it up with.

Pretty much spot on

- Katich will score at-least 2 tons this series, but they will all come in the 1st innings and he will average about 40.

Out injured, unfair tbh :ph34r:

- Hussey will continue to be dire, however he will produce at least 1 match winning knock.

WRONG

- Hauritz (if he plays) will be **** (if the series against SA is anything to go by):@

NA

- North will fail for the first 2 Tests and will be dropped (but will return just after as his replacement will get injured in their 1st match)

So far spot on :happy:

- Clarke will play the patience game outside off-stump, get sucked in a few times but will also get many 70s/80s.

He got one 80 :laugh:

- Hilfenhaus and Johnson will get the most wickets this series.

fail (so far)

- Bollinger will bowl with a lot of heart but his length will be inconsistent and will have an average series.

True (so far)

- KP will play at-least a couple of innings of note, but will struggle getting out in the strangest of ways.

Still pending

- Collingwood will make 1 big hundred, but will fail rest of series, consequently being called Hilfy's bunny.

Still pending

- Strauss will feast on our short and wide bowling on many occasions and will have a good series, but still won't play any significant innings (kinda like Watson).

Half true I suppose

- Cook will fail at the start of the series but will get a 100 later on and show his mental toughness, will still have an average series though.

So so wrong :laugh:

- Finn will bowl terribly and the crowd will treat him like Harmison of 06/07. He will still pick up some wickets though, but will mostly be due to stupid batting mistakes.

So so true :laugh:

- Broad will be the leader of attack and will bowl pretty decently and economically. However he will end up close to the least wicket of the series and will pose no threat.

Kinda true

- Anderson (if he plays) will enjoy some of the green wickets CA will produce and will be tough to handle with the new ball on those green pitches. Which will in the end justify him for the other Test matches with not so green wickets, where he will get carted

So far so good

- Prior will be a dud.

This was an easy one

- Haddin/Paine will also be duds, however they will prove to be good pinch hitters when Aus has a decent total.

Wrong in many ways
^

Brett Dale

School Boy/Girl Captain
There is no way Aussie will regain the ashes now. They may sneak a win, but England are finally consistent and too good. Heck even New Zealand might sneak a win over the Aussies now.

morgieb

There is no way Aussie will regain the ashes now. They may sneak a win, but England are finally consistent and too good. Heck even New Zealand might sneak a win over the Aussies now.
Yet last time we played you (in NZ btw) we thrashed you. Was only this year too.

Try again....

FBU

International Debutant
So far

1-0 England
Top runscorer - Hussey 340 - Cook 450
Top wicket taker - Siddle 6 - Finn/Swann 9
Dumpings - Johnson, Bollinger, Hilfenhaus, North, Doherty, Siddle, Broad
Debutant/Returning players - Beer, Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Hughes (thanks Tum Tum)
Surprise Packet - Cook, Hussey, Finn, Siddle hat-trick, Johnson 0 runs 0 wickets and a dropped catch.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
- Anderson (if he plays) will enjoy some of the green wickets CA will produce and will be tough to handle with the new ball on those green pitches. Which will in the end justify him for the other Test matches with not so green wickets, where he will get carted

So far so good
^

How is that in anyway what has happened so far?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia 2 England 1

Leading run scorer: Ponting, is an obvious point but he really is so crucial to this series and got a nasty feeling he is going to have a good one.

Most Wickets: Broad, will win England their test match.

Finn to do better than a lot of people expect but Tremlett to come in and do well when someone gets injured.

North to play every test.

Collingwood to be dropped by the 5th test.
Looking like being wrong on most couts, and very pleased that I am.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
3-1 to the good guys, that's England

Still possible

Top runscorer - Kevin Pietersen. Watson for the filthy horrible crims.

Decent shout but it's a big ask for either of them to catch Cook/Hussey

Top wicket taker - Stuart Broad. Bollinger for the filthy horrible crims.

Way off

Dumpings - Many Aussies to dump their passports in a state of embarassment

They should do

Debutant/Returning players - Allan Border from the desperate convicts

Could still happen

Surprise Packet - wdfu_ben91 returns to congratulate England

Hmmmmm

Howe_zat

Audio File
3-0 Australia
Top runscorer - Simon Katich (although what's going on with his thumb?)
Top wicket taker - Mitchell Johnson
Dumpings - Alaistair Cook, Finn
Debutant/Returning players - Peter Siddle (if Bollinger doesn't get up or reinjures himself), Tremlett, Morgan
This is my favourite :cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
First time the word favourite has ever been used in relation to one of Jono's posts.

flibbertyjibber

2-1 to England

Top runscorer - Strauss overall with Clarke for the convicts.
Top wickettakers - Johnson and Swann.
Dumpings - North and Hauritz.
Returningplayers/Debutants - Khawaja,Siddle and Hughes.
Surprise Package - Bell
Not too far out i guess, Strauss needs to go a bit though. The rest could happen.

Burgey

Australia to win in Perth by an innings.

Watto to double-ton up. Beer to take 15 wickets in the match.

Or Beer to double-ton up, Watto to take 15.

Or something.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Australia to win in Perth by an innings.

Watto to double-ton up. Beer to take 15 wickets in the match.

Or Beer to double-ton up, Watto to take 15.

Or something.
you seem to have double tonned up on the beer, Burgey.. :p

That said, I do think Australia will stage a pretty strong comeback at Perth. May not be good enough to win them the match but still expecting a strong performance from them.