• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Krejza bowled pretty well tbh. Turns it appreciably. I'd love to watch some more of him in the Shield to see if his control has improved at all. I mean yeah he got smashed, but he did take 12 wickets on debut against India in India ffs (albeit 8-200 odd).
Ye it would be good to see him get a FC game or two before the Ashes. Since if impoovement in his control is seen/reported. He would for sure be the best spinner that AUS can pick, if the need to pick a spinner in the Ashes.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Well had a fall out with Bailey, blamed him for poor field settings etc. Warne has always spoken how FC captains have no idea how to captain spinners. Krezja is stuck I reckon, so state is really going to be good for him, none of the wickets spin here consistently. Move to England!

Julian87

State Captain
Yea but you are not going to see much Headingley like pitches & conditions in world cricket 90-95% of time. Thus with Clark's pace reduced since the Ashes to that of Pollock & Vaas @ the back end of their great careers, his useful as a test cricket is done.
Might not be as effective as he once was but I'd rather him bowling at Brisbane (or anywhere for that matter) than Peter George or Mitch Starc.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If England beat us out here in the Ashes the world will end. It's beyond horrible to contemplate. Just that bad. It's like Ebola or something, only worse.

robelinda

Might not be as effective as he once was but I'd rather him bowling at Brisbane (or anywhere for that matter) than Peter George or Mitch Starc.
Bloody oath. Get him in there, its not his fault he got picked as part of a 4 man pace attack on a turner and didnt get 13 wickets. Quality bowler.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Given i dont have the luxury of seeing him bowl currently, to judge whether his speeds is similar to Ashes last year or has declined further. I cant agree or disagree with this.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Have you seen Starc and George play?
Ye, saw both of them in IND recently. I wouldn't play Starc in a test in the Ashes. But i would play George over Clark (if its Clark of Ashes 09 & Champions Trophy for NSW bowling speeds). If Harris or Siddle form & fitness aren't right in time for the 1st test.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
If England beat us out here in the Ashes the world will end. It's beyond horrible to contemplate. Just that bad. It's like Ebola or something, only worse.
AWTA. Too awful to contemplate. Would be made that much worse for me personally as two cricket crazed poms recently started working with me.

robelinda

Was bad enough in 85 and 86/87, even with no internet!! I remember as a kid playing cricket with older guys they just crapped on day after day about the Poms and what losers were playing for Australia, Greg Ritchie copped most flak!

Burgey

Was bad enough in 85 and 86/87, even with no internet!! I remember as a kid playing cricket with older guys they just crapped on day after day about the Poms and what losers were playing for Australia, Greg Ritchie copped most flak!
Well tbf Greg Ritchie was ****. Best moment for him was jumping out of the grandstand and onto the field when Steve Waugh made his double ton in the Windies in 95.

The man never fulfilled the talent he had, but ate lost of pies.

robelinda

Well tbf Greg Ritchie was ****. Best moment for him was jumping out of the grandstand and onto the field when Steve Waugh made his double ton in the Windies in 95.

The man never fulfilled the talent he had, but ate lost of pies.
That was funny, camera cuts to fat Ritchie running out on the field, wish they had footage of the leap! That 200 was just the most epic thing ive seen, 5am I was still up, when he ran that 4 for the 200 it was amazing. Not used to seeing those kind of scenes when we were playing in the WI.

Burgey

That was funny, camera cuts to fat Ritchie running out on the field, wish they had footage of the leap! That 200 was just the most epic thing ive seen, 5am I was still up, when he ran that 4 for the 200 it was amazing. Not used to seeing those kind of scenes when we were playing in the WI.
Yeah true. Richie Richardson told him he should know better than to be out there (contrasting reaction to when locals ran on and filled WI batsmen's pockets with cash) and Fat Cat told him to **** off.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Shouldn't be of much of a concern to Aus, sounds like he batted with it broken and didn't even realise anyway:wacko:

If worse comes to worst, fortunately Katich is one of the more substitutable players, with Hughes in the waiting.
Think it'll be fine. Now only if North had broken his leg or something good

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'm sure he's a great person and all, but I don't want to lose the ashes because of him nor wear a dress if he plays

Ruckus

International Captain
I'm sure he's a great person and all, but I don't want to lose the ashes because of him nor wear a dress if he plays
Don't exactly have good odds going in your favour there? Whats in it for you? (Providing wearing the dress doesn't excite you in some wierd way)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Don't exactly have good odds going in your favour there? Whats in it for you? (Providing wearing the dress doesn't excite you in some wierd way)
Mate has to pay for all my drinks on boxing day if he doesn't. Think I have a reasonable chance. If Usman scores runs in the two FC matches before Brisbane, and North fails, the pressure will be massive.