Page 77 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1942

Thread: *Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Tbh, cant make up my mind whether that is good or bad for Oz
    My first thought was that it could be a blessing in disguise for England. I've never really believed in Anderson as a credible proposition in Australia, and if this means that Tremlett gets in the team then it may work in our favour. Finn, Broad, Tremlett makes for a worryingly one-dimensional pace attack, but they would not be a pleasant proposition on pitches with any pace and bounce.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Yep

ASHES 2010: James Anderson breaks rib during boxing fight with England team-mate | Mail Online

Tbh, cant make up my mind whether that is good or bad for Oz
    LOL at "bonding sessions".

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    How long is he out for?
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Surely if this was a big deal it would have been reported at the time? Or by Anderson on Twitter or some ****. "Rib broken, raped by Monty, thx".

Guy involved was another bowler. Maybe he did it to get in the playing XI. Smart work.
    This was a serious post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blocky View Post
    As for Sharma, sorry but he's the only Indian bowler outside of Khan who has consistently managed to take wickets away from home and trouble good batsman. Shami looks highly promising but India don't have better seam options than Sharma at the moment in test cricket. Quite simple.
    RIP Craigos. Owe you a beer.:(

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2186298-post7381.html

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    How long is he out for?
    A couple of months - may miss the first 2 Tests.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if Swann disappoints slightly in Australia given the expectation after his recent form. His form before the last Ashes was pretty good too. We also heard a lot about how good Anderson had become before the last Ashes...and he turned out to be pretty much the same as he had been previously - good in conditions that suit, and went missing when they didn't.

Swann may have improved mightily though, so it will be interesting to see how he goes in Oz. I certainly wouldn't discount him going well given how people have been talking him up of late. He did well in SA after all.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Haha, that's class.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    My first thought was that it could be a blessing in disguise for England. I've never really believed in Anderson as a credible proposition in Australia, and if this means that Tremlett gets in the team then it may work in our favour. Finn, Broad, Tremlett makes for a worryingly one-dimensional pace attack, but they would not be a pleasant proposition on pitches with any pace and bounce.
    It's conventional wisdom that banging it in is the way to success in Australia but there's barely been a bowler this millennium to go there and support that theory. Even the ones that bowled really well got absolutely smashed- check out how many wickets Kemar Roach and Ishant Sharma left with.

Australia's recent home batting failures have all been exclusively down to swing. At the SCG last year against Asif and Sami, at the MCG the year before when Steyn took ten and at Perth the year before that against (of all people) RP Singh and Irfan Pathan. Jimmeh's absolutely crucial.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Jimmy.

Stupid Buchanan, I've no idea why we had to have one of his 'bonding sessions'. Didn't a couple of Aussies get injured at theirs last time round?

******** training strikes again. I thought we'd got over a lot of this when Moores got the boot, with the almost regular pre-Test injury.

Can you imagine if Swann had gotten injured? ****ing stupid.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    It's conventional wisdom that banging it in is the way to success in Australia but there's barely been a bowler this millennium to go there and support that theory. Even the ones that bowled really well got absolutely smashed- check out how many wickets Kemar Roach and Ishant Sharma left with.

Australia's recent home batting failures have all been exclusively down to swing. At the SCG last year against Asif and Sami, at the MCG the year before when Steyn took ten and at Perth the year before that against (of all people) RP Singh and Irfan Pathan. Jimmeh's absolutely crucial.
    Yeah that's true actually. Last time we were there our only swing bowler, Southee, was the one who had the most succesful innings. Even when Grant Elliott trundled in for a couple of overs in the first test he made Clarke or someone look a bit concerned when he was getting a bit of swing. O'Brien was the only bang-it-in bowler to look remotely threatening across the series.

England will be missing a trick if they don't replace Anderson with another swing bowler I reckon. Who is the next best swing bowler over there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Shazad is being added I think. No-one else in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post

You could well be right, dammit.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Jimmy.

Stupid Buchanan, I've no idea why we had to have one of his 'bonding sessions'. Didn't a couple of Aussies get injured at theirs last time round?
    Seem to remember about MacGill doing something to his knee, but can't be sure on that.

Only a matter of time before Warne uses this injury as an opportunity to attack Buchanan, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Thread Information