• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It means we hold the rubbier in all three formats...you know the Ashes, ODI series (home & away FTR) and the T20 WC Final.

What happened four years ago is irrelevant, get in the present like me :ph34r:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It means we hold the rubbier in all three formats...you know the Ashes, ODI series (home & away FTR) and the T20 WC Final.

What happened four years ago is irrelevant, get in the present like me :ph34r:
Oh ok, sorry, didn't know that the worse ranked team in the formats that actually matter has the 'rubber' over us.

I'm still not seeing a test win though in Aus

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just viewed the Test rankings, we're one point behind the Aussies, and 7 behind Saffa in second. All jokes aside, what do we need to do to propel ourselves to second by the end of the Ashes?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh ok, sorry, didn't know that the worse ranked team in the formats that actually matter has the 'rubber' over us.
Haha, can't work out if you're being moody and obtuse or actually getting in the spirit of things here, because surely everyone knows that the rubber between two teams is from matchups between them and not on rankings.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Just viewed the Test rankings, we're one point behind the Aussies, and 7 behind Saffa in second. All jokes aside, what do we need to do to propel ourselves to second by the end of the Ashes?
Winning be a step...:laugh::laugh: After we ship 2-0 against India and 5-0 against you blokes again I'd say it'll all be wrapped into a neat little package

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, can't work out if you're being moody and obtuse or actually getting in the spirit of things here, because surely everyone knows that the rubber between two teams is from matchups between them and not on rankings.

You dare call me obtuse?

Nah :laugh: I'm being a little moody. Cricket really sucks at atm and its putting me off . So therefore I want Aus to win 3-2 at sydney on the 5th day and it breaks your heart. the end.

dont mind me

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Someone linked to some website a wee while ago where you can fiddle about with upcoming series results and see how your predictions will affect the rankings.

NFI who it was or what the website was though.

tooextracool

International Coach
I don't think he's a good enough bowler though. Am yet to see any evidence that he's good enough to average under 50 with the ball when playing away to Australia.
Yeah as much as it pains me to say it, if we need a second spinner it might just have to be Panesar. Rashid hasnt done enough in CC to suggest hes good enough to make the step up.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

You dare call me obtuse?

Nah :laugh: I'm being a little moody. Cricket really sucks at atm and its putting me off . So therefore I want Aus to win 3-2 at sydney on the 5th day and it breaks your heart. the end.

dont mind me
gizahug

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'm glad you realise you're never taking the #1 ranking off us :cool:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Interesting, if Aussie vs India is 1-1 and Aussie vs England is 3-2 we go to # 2 (assuming Pak pull off another unusual win vs SA)
Those were my exact predictions too :)

What I get from the predictor is that the SA-Ind series seems to be the pivotal series as far as predicting a #1 ranking change goes. Even India losing to Australia 0-2 doesn't affect us as much as losing that one does, provided the remaining series' play as they should (IMO).

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone watching sky at the moment?

Think I agree with Nasser's squad.

Both him and Athers picking Tremlett.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Nas and Athers squads on Sky:

Athers:

Strauss
Cook
Trott
KP
Bell
Collingwood
Morgan
Prior
Davies
Swann
Rashid
Anderson
Broad
Finn
Bresnan
Tremlett

Nasser:

Strauss
Cook
Trott
KP
Bell
Collingwood
Morgan
Prior
Davies
Swann
Panesar
Anderson
Broad
Finn
Shazhad
Tremlett

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Watto very adamant in that interview that he wants to open. I wonder if he feels that he has to try to set his stall out because the selectors might move him, or whether it was just an attempt to be confident about opening.