• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Risky taking Sidebottom and Tremlett, I'd have thought. Long tour, you'd want the back-up to be a little more stable than them. Surely there's another option who's bowling well in country cricket right now?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We will have a development squad in Aus tbh. As for performers in County Cricket, lord knows.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We will have a development squad in Aus tbh.
Yeah, indeed. If someone's injured there'll be another whole team to pick from anyway, so I think they can afford to carry players with questionable fitness records as long as they're fit when they're picked originally.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Risky taking Sidebottom and Tremlett, I'd have thought. Long tour, you'd want the back-up to be a little more stable than them. Surely there's another option who's bowling well in country cricket right now?
I would think they are fairly stable. Tremlett has played this season without injury & Sidebottom has been playing regular FC cricket.

There is no other test quality quicks in county cricket outside of the 6 that i suggest should go to the Ashes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wouldnt have sidearse anywhere near the England squad unless we were playing NZ tbh.
Yeah I certainly don't think he'll be of much use in Australia. I'd probably pick Harmison again before I picked Sidebottom to tour Australia TBH, and that's saying something.