• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

Jayzamann

International Regular
Just realised Australia's new sponsors. Didn't vodafone sponsor the English team before? What a slag.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Vodafone and 3 Mobile are the same company now.
Oh right. I found that out when I was researching my new phone at the start of the year, that makes a bunch more sense.

But they still used to sponsor the English team right?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Finn looks like another Harmison to me. Looks like an excellent bowler but in reality does **** :ph34r:

91Jmay

International Coach
Finn looks like another Harmison to me. Looks like an excellent bowler but in reality does **** :ph34r:
What has he done to show you that?

Sounds like arse talk to me.

Ashes should be a good one, going to be close as both teams are evenly matched.

I'l say 2-1 to Cons for now, but England are not ruled out in my mind.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Very good ad.

Yeah reckon they'd be a bit concerned about the inevitable drops from the brilliant attendances at the last Ashes so they're starting the offensive early. All over cricinfo as well.
I imagine this commercial to be the first of an extensive advertising campaign, especially once the world cup finishes.

pasag

RTDAS
I imagine this commercial to be the first of an extensive advertising campaign, especially once the world cup finishes.
It's a good idea, IMO. Once we finish getting pwned at the world cup Australians will be looking to focus on the one thing we're really good at in sports - mercilessly beating poms in our own backyard.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Deafinately going to try and get tickets for an ashes test this year, probably day 1 of the SCG test and maybe day 3 or 5 aswell.

Can't wait tbh, Finn should deafinately be in the English squad for the Ashes. I've got a nasty feeling he might do well. Georgve to :ph34r:

TumTum

Banned
Don't like the ad, found it a bit strange, plus I hated the commentary.

Would much prefer something like the npower preview last year.

Burgey

Must say I nearly vomited when they put an ad on with Bradman, Chappell, Lillee, Lindwall et al and it finished with Johnson bowling. I mean come on.

LMAO at what Lillee would do to Pietersen...

It does irk me somewhat that of those blokes in that "old timer's team", I saw Lillee, Chappell, Marsh and Border all play. Surely I'm not really that old :(

Cleverly done though, it should be said.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Great, great ad.

With that line-up (and with KP and Beefy seemingly opening the batting for England) Australia might have a chance. :ph34r:

And Burgey spot-on about the heretical segue from Lillee to Mitch Johnson.

Oh and why did they have to include a single syllable from Mark ****ing Nicholas?

Burgey

Is it just me or does Bradman look like a zombie?
Haha, being dead for 10 plus years will do that, won't it?

Gotta say that little snippet in there of Lindy's delivery stride floated my boat. Just glad it didn't show his actual arm from side-on :ph34r:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
What time does play start in Australia?

(The reason I want to know is because, on a quiet day at work, I am setting up a countdown clock to the start of the Ashes. I may also start a second countdown clock for about tea time during the 3rd Test at Perth, which I will call the Ashes Retained Countdown Clock of Glory)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
What time does play start in Australia?

(The reason I want to know is because, on a quiet day at work, I am setting up a countdown clock to the start of the Ashes. I may also start a second countdown clock for about tea time during the 3rd Test at Perth, which I will call the Ashes Retained Countdown Clock of Glory)

There's a countdown on the Australian cricket site